uniqs

Barry
join:2008-11-04
Burlington, ON

Barry to justin

to justin

Re: Something changed, and if it isn't a bug, I don't/do like it

Click for full size
I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the three columns of reviews on the main page are awful. Is there a way to remove them?

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin

Mod

It is easy to make three columns look awful snapshotting a browser window that is 1920 pixels wide..

With a more typical page width it doesn't suck as much although I'll end up adjusting the titles to make it more clear that this is the incoming review stream and put some chrome around it.

pokesph
It Is Almost Fast
Premium Member
join:2001-06-25
Sacramento, CA

pokesph to Barry

Premium Member

to Barry
said by Barry:

I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the three columns of reviews on the main page are awful. Is there a way to remove them?

AGREE Please set it up as optional or something..

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop

+1. I don't care one bit about reviews for ISPs that are not in my service area. Make it an option to either move them back where they were or not show them at all.

GlennLouEarl
3 brothers, 1 gone
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Richmond, VA

GlennLouEarl to justin

Premium Member

to justin
I think they look good there (of course, as I said earlier, I almost never go to the front page [on purpose anyway]--no need). The front page is now just more of what it always was--pieces/parts from other locations on the site... like a buffet.

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
Agree with that one.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
You can do what I used here:
»Don't want Front page news w Reviews at top of page?
Talis
join:2001-06-21
Houston, TX

Talis to justin

to justin
I don't think the OP is commenting on the LOOK, but rather the fact that they are there at all. You are making ISP Reviews the main focus of the site by putting them first up, front and center on your home page. Whereas prior to the recent changes they were more out of the way to the right.

I don't care about ISP Reviews at all. Maybe default them on with a user pref option to stop showing them.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to FFH5

to FFH5
Thanks for the tip. That's certainly better than reading reviews that are completely useless to me. I'm used to just typing d or ds in every device I've got and hitting enter. It's annoying to have to now do that and then mouse over to a link to make something that's some what useless go away. Some might think that that's nothing but when you primarily navigate windows with the keyboard more than a mouse it makes a difference.