·AT&T Yahoo
·Verizon FiOS
·Metrocast Commun..
·localphone.com
·voip.ms
·AT&T DSL Service

3 edits

Sony model BDP-S390 sees HDHR but all folders are empty

--Note: carved out from STB (»STB Sharing) topic by moderator, thus the lack of context--

Not to threadjack, but Hmmmm.

Same device, but mine sees the HDHR but all folders are empty. What Firmware version do you have? I had read that some earlier FW versions did work for other BR players, but mine came with a more-recent version.

--
---
U176

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

Re: STB Sharing

said by dev_null:

Not to threadjack, but Hmmmm.

Same device, but mine sees the HDHR but all folders are empty. What Firmware version do you have? I had read that some earlier FW versions did work for other BR players, but mine came with a more-recent version.

Let's take this to a private message so we don't threadjack further.

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:30

Why don't you have a mod split this off to a new thread.
That way others with the issue can benefit from the thread.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

dev_null
Pithy tag line goes here.

join:2002-08-14
Boston, MA
Reviews:
·VOIPO
·AT&T Yahoo
·Verizon FiOS
·Metrocast Commun..
·localphone.com
·voip.ms
·AT&T DSL Service

To close the loop, it appears that PJL and I were referring to 2 different issues.

I was referring to not being able to get the S390 to see the channels in the CABLE TV folder of the HDHomerun Prime (the one with a cable card).

The topic had pretty much run its course (it was taken offline) at the time of the split.

So unless someone has a way to use the S390 with the HDHR Prime, there's probably nothing more to say. I did read that some earlier firmware allowed the S390 to work with the HDHRP, so it would be interesting if it works for you to see what firmware version you might have.

I am aware and able to "Play To" the S390 from WMP, but that was not what I wanted to do when I bought the device. I was hoping to select the channel from the S390, in the same manner that the HDHRP works with the PS3.

--
---
U176