Search similar:

uniqs

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl
join:2000-01-19
Blue Springs, MO

randavis

Internet access problem in KC metro

I have had trouble all morning with connectivity. It was up for a while, but went down again later.

I changed to google's DNS server and am now able to connect, at least for the time being.

What is going on?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

Hard to say. "Connectivity issue" tells me something is flaky with the ADSL layer; but changing DNS servers won't fix ADSL layer issues.
tvoldtimer
join:2010-09-16
Shawnee, KS

tvoldtimer to randavis

to randavis
I'm in Overland Park and I too have been having trouble since this morning. I first thought is was a DNS issue, but web sites randomly come and go, work for a few seconds, then nothing. Seems like everything is bogged down and responding very slowly. The last time something like this happened (about 2 years ago), the good folks at ATT customer support told me my modem must be bad. They forced new network passwords on me twice, then I was unable to even log in and connect for most of a day. Then on the third day of the trouble, I called in one more time, told them my account name and password (assigned by ATT), I was told, that's not your password, this is. I used the (third) new password and the connection was golden. Rock solid until now. I'm afraid to call, don't know how many passwords I'll have to go through this time. And, just so you know, I am still using the original modem. I would have posted sooner, but I could not get this site to load and accept my password.

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl
Blue Springs, MO

randavis

I called and they had a message for the KC area saying that they were working on the problem. At that time, I couldn't reach any web sites.

I had similar issues with random pages. Sometimes a page would load and sometimes the same page would not. It is still doing it this morning.

My Windows Homeserver v1 cannot reach windows live domains.

Comcast is starting to look better, although I had them for tv before the internet and they pissed me off regularly.

I had limited success by changing the dns servers. It works better, but not perfect. It sometimes takes several seconds for some pages to load.
Jeff E
join:2010-07-01

Jeff E

Same problems in North Central Missouri. Many websites do not load but some do. It's a shame the company doesn't bother to post anything about it or give us any information as to the nature of the problem or an estimate of when it will be fixed.
Jeff E

Jeff E

The longer this drags on the more aggravated I become with AT&T's silence about the problem.

Is it too much to ask in the 21st century for the company to at least acknowledge the problem with an announcement similar to this?

We are currently experiencing internet connectivity issues in the XXXX area. Some/many/all customers will be unable to access some/many/all websites in their browser or may have problems accessing their e-mail. These problems appear to be caused by XXXX and our technicians are working on fixing and resolving the issues.

We anticipate these issues will be resolved in XX hours/days/months/years/decades. We apologize for the inconvenience and are doing our best to fix the problems as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience and being an AT&T customer.

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl
Blue Springs, MO

randavis

I have had dsl with AT&T since February 2000. I have had many issues with my service, mainly during the first 5 years.

It has always been extremly hard to get to someone who actually knows what is going on. On one occasion, it took two months to get my account fixed. I spent over 13 hrs. on the phone.

If Google Fiber ever makes it to our area, I'm gone.
Jeff E

Jeff E

I've had issue after issue with ADSL but eventually the issues are resolved. There is no competition so I'm stuck. The thing which really aggravates me in this situation is the complete silence from the company to an issue which is apparently impacting a lot of customers.

Check out the map here: »downdetector.com/status/att/map/

AT&T refuses to address the issue with their customers and just ignores the problem. I refuse to call them and go through the normal "shut down your computer, unplug your gateway crap" from low-level support when I know the problem is on their end. At least inform your customers of the situation rather than being silent. What a joke.

randavis
74 Challenger 440 4bbl
Blue Springs, MO

randavis

Last night around 8:00 pm, it seems to be back to normal, here. We'll see how it goes.
Jeff E

Jeff E

Back to normal here too.
adickel
join:2014-04-08

adickel to randavis

to randavis
I had uverse for almost 2 years in the north land, i had to always set my DNS to be openDNS or Google DNS as half the time the ATT servers did not work, in fact i set it on my desktop so long ago i forgot it had resolved issues for me. When i brought a new work laptop home i spent an hour with our IT Department trying to get Lync working before i realized it was the ATT native DNS servers.
mdv921
join:2008-06-26

mdv921 to randavis

to randavis
Funny enough, I was using OpenDNS when it happened to me (I'm in Georgia) and I changed to the AT&T DNS servers and it cleared right up.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to adickel

MVM

to adickel
I have a friend across town who was having Internet access troubles Tuesday. Her modem showed a solid ADSL link, at her profile speeds; but pages often didn't load at all, with Windows reporting, "Limited connectivity".

Her Netgear WNDR3500 wants to be a DNS relay, but its relay is flaking out. I hard coded the AT&T "Anycast" DNS servers on her computers, and that fixed her Internet access troubles.