All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
johnint
join:2012-08-24
Nevada City, CA

johnint

[HN7000S] Finally rid of HN, what to do with old equipment?

Last year, fixed wireless became available in my area. So far it has been a great change from Hughesnet.

My only question now is what to do with the old equipment.

HN7000S modem, .98 meter dish, cables, bracket, and 2 watt receiver I believe.

Is it worth selling/shipping on Ebay?

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

When did you get the HN7? However much more your contract lasted, you still might need to ship it back.

The contract normally lasts up to a max of 2 years, is this how long you had it or longer? if anything longer, then its yours. Sell it over on Ebay or maybe even amazon. You can also try here too: »/forum/forsale
johnint
join:2012-08-24
Nevada City, CA

johnint

said by diablo18926:

When did you get the HN7? However much more your contract lasted, you still might need to ship it back.

The contract normally lasts up to a max of 2 years, is this how long you had it or longer? if anything longer, then its yours. Sell it over on Ebay or maybe even amazon. You can also try here too: »/forum/forsale

Had it for roughly 6 years. The problem is shipping. A quick UPS quote is around $200-300.

Any idea on the value of the equipment?

diablo18926
R.I.P. Donald Lee Wise
join:2011-04-21
Friendly, WV

diablo18926

said by johnint:

Any idea on the value of the equipment?

»www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ··· from=R40

Take your pick. Really, you own it so you call how much you want for it. IMO go by this, for breaking a contract with hughesnet will cost $400 after the 30 day trial is over but still at the beginning of the service.

I would try $350 in everything since on Ebay, i see a bunch that are priced $20, $10, $5 however one comes with everything thats $350(my estimate) but i'm pretty sure the majority of everyone over there is just trying to get rid of the crap.