All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
madeitog
join:2013-08-10
Romney, WV

madeitog

Help Troubleshoot Error's and high latency?

Yes, i know sometimes you can get error's from problems on Frontier's side. I just want to double check things that could be causing them on my side? Just give me a list of things to check to make sure its not my wiring and etc? Here is a list of my stats.
Plus on my latency problems, they are very random and happen for a little then stop? I want to make my line as stable as possible. I do have CAT 5 wire ran just to my modem and a little gets weathered from the NID to my house. They did give me CAT 3 wire that is weather proof. But before i do run the wire i want to make sure if that's the problem or not? Can anyone throw their input in and lets try and troubleshoot this?

Transceiver Revision 4.4.9.13.1.1
Vendor ID Code 4D54
Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data Path FAST

Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1344 192
Margin (dB) 14.6 27.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 67.2 31.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 17.1 12.1
FEC Errors 0 4
HEC Errors 1399 5
CRC Errors 1884 0

atigerman
join:2002-01-19
Tigerton, WI

atigerman

Let me ask.....

From the NID to your modem. I'm assuming it's a straight run? Do you have anything else coming off of the NID to the rest of the house? Phones, Fax machines, Satellite receivers...

And you mentioned Latency, have you been running any traceroute/ping checks and what are they?
madeitog
Romney, WV

madeitog

Yes just a straight line from the Nid. He has a dsl splitter at the Nid also. They told me they was doing upgrades in my area for over a year now that's causing the problems but when I talked to a tech recently. They can't even offord to do any upgrades yet. So I'm thinking it's maybe in my wiring. And give me one second and I will post ping/traceroute test once I get home on my computer.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

madeitog - I live in Burlington, served of the same CO as you. Don't know what tech you have talked to but they have made several upgrades in our area. With that said I have two DSL lines provided by Frontier. On one line I get few if any errors, my second line I get exactly as you describe. I don't know if what modem you have but try setting up your connection to "nailed up" and see if that makes a difference.

One thing I have learned in this area to get results you have to become the perpetual PITA to get anything accomplished.
madeitog
Romney, WV

madeitog

Well thats really good then, I didn't expect any upgrades around here in a while but I do live in Kirby, and i have the netgear 7550. Anyway, what do you mean by "nailed up"? If i have too, ill run that weather proof wire from the nid to the modem. I just want to make sure thats the problem first. The tech gave me the water proof connector's and etc if i need anymore wiring to do. If nailed up means always on connection type then yes its nailed up? And anymore ideas to try and fix this? Please and thank you.
madeitog

1 edit

madeitog

Okay some weird stuff just happen? Maybe someone can explain why this happens? I hooked my modem straight up to the NID, to see if the errors stopped and for the part they did. Not a single one so then i ran some ping tests and speed tests and etc. Then all of sudden the ping went into the 200-300? I checked my Dsl stats and the margin just dropped from 14 down to 7 and errors just flew up? Now the margin went back and up the errors don't really happen. But why would the margin go up and down so crazy? I never seen this with it connected to the CAT 5 wire in my house?
Transceiver Information Down Stream Path Up Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 1344 192
Margin (dB) 5.1 27.0
Line Attenuation (dB) 66.7 31.5
Transmit Power (dBm) 17.1 12.0
FEC Errors 0 4
HEC Errors 9563 3
CRC Errors 6606 0
the stats as im typing this? Connected directly to the NID?
Whats really weird is that, connecting directly to the NID my margin went all the way down to 0 and lost sync? Why is that?