spc
Search similar:

uniqs
wireless925
join:2002-02-10
Orange, CA

wireless925

[Anveo] How to turn off Anveo VM

My Google Voice number forwards to my new Anveo number. When I am not available to answer, I prefer that a VM message is picked up by GV, not Anveo. That is not the case now. How can I completely turn off my Anveo VM?
zamarac
join:2008-11-29
Canada

1 edit

zamarac

You can login to your Anveo web acc and look at the Call flow linked to your phone number to figure out how to change it - i.e. remove VM etc. But since GV forwards the call to an outside (Anveo) number, not answering that number within 30sec should activate GV voice mail. Or consider modifying your Anveo workflow to redirect the call back to your GV number from Anveo if not answered. Since your GV number will be busy at that time, it might go straight to voicemail exactly as you want.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart to wireless925

to wireless925
If you don't want Anveo to do any processing, go to Manage Phone Number and under Call Options for your number, choose the option to ring your SIP device directly.

However, if you want to keep the call flow active, edit the Transfer or SIP element to choose a ring time of e.g. 45 seconds, which will allow time for GV's voicemail to answer first.
zamarac
Canada

1 edit

zamarac

Wouldn't it affect all calls to that Anveo number, not only calls forwarded from GV?
wireless925
join:2002-02-10
Orange, CA

wireless925

Thanks zamarac and Stewart. I liked Stewart's suggestion, "edit the Transfer or SIP element to choose a ring time of e.g. 45 seconds, which will allow time for GV's voicemail to answer first." I went into my Call Flow (had not looked at it before; thanks for bringing it to my attention; newbie here as you can tell) and increased the ring time to 45 seconds. Zamarac, the only calls to my new Anveo number are those forwarded from my GV number, which is the only number I give out. In other words, no one has my Anveo number, so no one dials it directly.
zamarac
Canada

zamarac

If you set it to 45sec, it'll hopefully still switch to GV VM within 30sec. This way you won't annoy your neighbours that much by endless rings.