join:2014-01-04
Houston, TX
ARRIS SB6183

1 edit

ramsaso

Premium Member

[General] AT&T Pleasing its customers?

Click for full size
Well, being a subscriber of Southwestern Bell Internet Services (AT&T Internet Services) for over 7 years, I'm surprised that I got this email claiming that as a "completely satisfied customer", they have setup a special service center in Florida for those who "are enjoying your AT&T High Speed Internet service to the fullest".

Thank you for being a valued AT&T customer. To ensure that you are enjoying your AT&T High Speed Internet service to the fullest, we've set up a special service center in Florida to assist you with questions or technical concerns. If we can help you in any way, for one-on-one support simply call us at 855-377-4049 between 9 a.m. and 12 a.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday-Saturday. We're happy to work with you to make you a completely satisfied customer.
Again, thank you for choosing AT&T. We hope special services like this are an indication of how much we appreciate your business.
Sincerely,
AT&T Customer Service

Is this just another one of those things to get the DirecTV merger approved?

I do question the fact that they've stated one of the BellSouth states...
15444104 (banned)
join:2012-06-11

15444104 (banned)

I'm not sure about that, but anything is possible. It certainly isn't unreasonable for consumers to think the worst as AT&T has repeatedly deserved that cynicism.

However, I think finally the top executive officers under
Randall Stephenson are being awakened to the ugly reality that they are NOT providing satisfactory service in many cases, and when a problem arises the company has really fallen down horribly on the job over the past decade or so with customers irate and justifiably so.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Not stopping them from calling me a couple of time a week because I won't get off POTS/DSL and jump on the UVERSE all or nothing bandwagon.

You don't take it all it is not well priced.
gaforces (banned)
United We Stand, Divided We Fall
join:2002-04-07
Santa Cruz, CA

gaforces (banned) to ramsaso

to ramsaso
Maybe if they fix their lying database about distances to customer premises and actually installed equipment to serve those people.
Replace the 60+ year old copper with all the bridge taps and corroding splices. Otherwise its just window dressing to get the merger approved.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup to ramsaso

to ramsaso
I think their internet services division has some metrics they are supposed to hit. My brother now lives in the house I grew up in and lived in through college, and the DSL there was in my name back when it was BellSouth. We have switched it all over to his name when I moved but I still get a call about every 6 months from AT&T asking if I'm happy with my DSL service and if I have any problems or questions.

dsstratto
@70.244.194.x

dsstratto to ramsaso

Anon

to ramsaso
OR, this is just a spam e-mail, but I didn't try the number. My reasons: this seems a little too folksy a setup for AT&T, the wording of the e-mail is awkward, and the account number they used is not my AT&T account number - it is, however, good bait being the first nine digits of one of my land lines. Just my thoughts.

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

mixdup

said by dsstratto :

OR, this is just a spam e-mail, but I didn't try the number. My reasons: this seems a little too folksy a setup for AT&T, the wording of the e-mail is awkward, and the account number they used is not my AT&T account number - it is, however, good bait being the first nine digits of one of my land lines. Just my thoughts.

Given that they want you to call and not click a link and enter a password, I would highly doubt this is a phishing email.

Scritter
join:2007-10-01
Leander, TX

4 edits

Scritter to ramsaso

to ramsaso
I also revived the above letters. I have used the phone numbers A BUNCH!!!!! I have been with AT&T for way to many years and all of them have varied from frustration to true madness. One of the techs who came to the house to "fix this problem once and for all" gave me the number about 2 months before the letters arrived. The folk who answered the phone > Yep. A person! I have been talking to people who understand IT, turns our that they are mostly tier 2 techs.

My service here is FUBAR so I end up calling on average of once per week.....I have found this bunch to be efficient and willing to do their line checks and reset my line at my request without making me jump through hoops. (reset usually keeps me going with minimal problems for 2 or 3 days). These calls last no more than 15 min. I have actually been on the phones for over 4 hours with the regular DSL support line.
AT&T is currently the only game in town so I make the best of it.

Any hoo, sorry about the mini rant, just to say the phone number is good......
Scritter

Scritter to ramsaso

to ramsaso
!