spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

Channel Bonding INCREASED to 6 from 4

Since everyone here cries about channel bonding and speed I thought I would give a different view. Mediacom increased my down channel bonding to 6 yesterday. Will I get 8 channels bonding? Who knows? Speed did not seem to increase, about 80-90 mbps down and 9-10 mbps up. This is what I had been getting with 4 channels down.

I have Ultra service with a Moto 6141 modem. My village has only about 1K population and I am pleasantly surprised to see the channels bonding increase.

MovieLover76
join:2009-09-11
Cherry Hill, NJ
(Software) pfSense
Asus RT-AC68
Asus RT-AC66

MovieLover76

I don't know your exact package, but if your reaching your promised speeds more channels would most likely simply increase the total capacity of your neighborhood cable segment.
It would help total capacity, allowing more total bandwidth.
But it wouldn't increase your individual speed on any one speedtest.
Mostly it would help during peak periods when overall usage is the highest.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

More channels equal more bandwidth into modem. Its simple they need the extra channels to get us to 150meg down. Each channel on D3 can do in labs is 38mbits in real life its about 25 to 28mbits
Clever Name
Premium Member
join:2005-05-06
Davenport, IA

Clever Name to Lazy Senior

Premium Member

to Lazy Senior
Click for full size
I'm suddenly getting 7 channels instead of 8. Anyone else?
Riverpilot
join:2006-12-11

Riverpilot

They took the 8th channel off-line several weeks ago. It's "scheduled" to be brought on-line sometime in August. Along with another u/l bonded in August/September.
Technicholas
Premium Member
join:2010-11-11
West Des Moines, IA

Technicholas

Premium Member

I have all 8 channels.