All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

moovyguy
join:2004-05-10
Ottawa & PSL

moovyguy

I have ZTC and got charged for overages??????

I just posted in the Direct forum ...

Just got my latest bill ... got nailed $50 for overages even with ZTC on for entire month .... I have had it on since beta !!!!!!!

What gives?

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

Seems odd, if it was setup properly. The team will get back to you from your post in the direct forum. Don't worry if there is a mistake we will definitely take care of this for you.

moovyguy
Ottawa & PSL

moovyguy

Yep, ZTC has been set up since April-ish???

I did move to a new address in July, and the interweebs service moved with me, and ZTC remained on the entire time.

I would hate to think that a move like that could cause ZTC to appear to have only come on mid-month at new address ....

I did not have to reset it after the service move, it was already on and stayed set that way.

I hope you are right & that it is a simple error.

TSI Pierre
Premium Member
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Pierre

Premium Member

Sounds like the culprit right there, maybe something was missed in the transition.

moovyguy
Ottawa & PSL

moovyguy

dunno

ztc was on before move and stayed on. never had to reset it.

but if to the system it in any way looked like a new activation i could see this happening.

looks like some new logic needs to be introduced to account for this kind of situation.

Anywhoo Tsi Chris has sent a note to accounting to correct it.

Yay!

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Were your speeds being limited after the move?

moovyguy
Ottawa & PSL

moovyguy

Yup,

Limitations stayed in place .....

Actually I find the speeds fluctuate a great deal where I moved to .... I am on the same POI, and in the same general area.

But from 8 to midnight I am capped ... I am on 45/4 and do measure out at roughly 12mb during the ztc window
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to moovyguy

to moovyguy
Is it at all possible you went over your usage outside of ZTC hours? Have you ever checked your regular usage?

RizzleQ
Cunningham's Law Enthusiast
Premium Member
join:2006-01-12
Windsor, ON
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR

RizzleQ

Premium Member

said by btech805:

Is it at all possible you went over your usage outside of ZTC hours?

There is no such thing as billable usage "outside of ZTC hours" because ZTC gives you unlimited usage for every single second of the month(s) it was enabled.
i_pk_pjers_i
join:2007-04-20
none

i_pk_pjers_i to btech805

to btech805
said by btech805:

Is it at all possible you went over your usage outside of ZTC hours? Have you ever checked your regular usage?

As long as OP had ZTC on all month long, there would be no "outside of ZTC hours" overage. ZTC gives you unlimited usage as long as you have it on all month long.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to RizzleQ

to RizzleQ
My mistake.
TheIceMaster
join:2002-08-31
Delson, QC

TheIceMaster to moovyguy

to moovyguy
Same here. Also wrote in Direct forums and awaiting complete resolution.

Here, ZtC was activated mid-june and no service change since then. July bill was fine without overage fee and I went over. August had the overage fee like you. Yes, speed limit was active and enforced (aka, ZtC was active/working).

@moovyguy, if taxes were applied to your overage fee, make sure they are refunded/credited as well and not just 50$...

Moral of the story: ALWAYS check your bills!

moovyguy
Ottawa & PSL

moovyguy

Yep, As stated, ZTC was on entire time, and was indeed enforced.

TheIceMaster: Well, TSI says that they will apply an equivalent credit to the overage charge on the next billing cycle, so taxes should be taken care of.

I was a bit annoyed at that and argued that the reversal of the overage charge should be right away, as it should not have been charged in the first place. Although the charge is on a credit card, I don't see why I should be out the $50 for a month when it wasn't my mistake.

That having been said, if it is credited on the next bill fine. I am not going to go ballistic over it. We can all keep level heads about it.

Should it happen again however .... well then .... that would be different .....

QCTLG
join:2008-01-20

QCTLG

Ok so today I went over 300Gigs this month (Aug, 29) but have had ZTC enabled since when it was available. (over a month ago)

I look forward to seeing if I get overage charges on my next bill.

moovyguy
Ottawa & PSL

moovyguy

If you haven't changed your service in any way you should be good ...

I am sure that my experience is due to my moving to a new address. Same neighbourhood, same POI, same plan ... but new address.

Fingers crossed
donkey77
join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC

donkey77 to QCTLG

to QCTLG
I have had ztc enabled all month, gone over 300gigs and just got a bill. It was correct, no overages.

helix9
join:2000-01-03
Wiarton, ON

helix9 to moovyguy

to moovyguy
I had a service change yesterday and someone turned ZTC OFF without any action on my part. They changed the billing date from the 17th to the 28th and then made the ZTC change. Considering I have had it on since March 25 I hope I don't get dinged for any overages in August which I did not authorize.

And none of this was explained to me during the sales call. "Any more questions?" isn't really helpful when they don't bother to explain how the account info will be changed as well as billing dates.

TSI Phil
TSI PhilR
Premium Member
join:2009-01-26
Chatham, ON

TSI Phil

Premium Member

Hey Helix9,

I took a look over your account/usage and you don't need to worry about any overages, on the old account you were under your 300G and your new account obviously is also well well under.

As far as the changing service and nothing being explained, I've sent your situation off to Customer Service Management as an example in the hopes we can get a process change put in place to have our sales and service agents go over some of the finer details such as how Zap the Cap and usage in general can be affected with service changes such as this.

Hope this info helps!