dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

[DSL] Does Frontier's product checker actually work?

Hello, I'm probably going to be moving into Frontier territory within the next couple of month's & was trying to check to see what speed was served to a few places I was interested in.

However I tend to get either "Timed Out", or "You cannot order online, please call us at..."

Can anybody tell me what speeds are offered in the Lynnwood, WA/Everett, WA area?

Thanks

McPolygon
join:2013-11-25
Bonney Lake, WA
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD
MikroTik RB4011

1 edit

McPolygon

I found the product checker to be absolute crap most of the time it will just throw you an 800 number to call... FIOS & DSL are available in just about all areas of Lynnwood and Everett. Your best option is to just call them and ask. FiOS Speeds max out at 35/15. DSL is a crapshoot on speed but it can tap out at 24Mbps if you are near the CO or an updated fiber feed Remote Terminal. Chances are you will qualify FiOS. If the address you are checking has never had FiOS installed you will need to tell the CSR that, they will just assume you are looking for DSL. »frontier.com/helpCenter/ ··· ntact-us

Reticent
join:2008-08-11
USA_PDX

Reticent

said by McPolygon:

... FiOS Speeds max out at 35/15. ...

Strange - I normally get better than that ... but then, I'm not in WA.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by Reticent:

said by McPolygon:

... FiOS Speeds max out at 35/15. ...

Strange - I normally get better than that ... but then, I'm not in WA.

That's what is currently available to new customers or if you switch complete packages (tv/internet/etc bundles). Older customers may still be provisioned for symmetric packages (25/25, 35/35) -- and can often squeeze few more mb/s above that.

If you have something substantially more than that, do share

Reticent
USA_PDX

Reticent

said by darcilicious:

That's what is currently available to new customers or if you switch complete packages (tv/internet/etc bundles). Older customers may still be provisioned for symmetric packages (25/25, 35/35) -- and can often squeeze few more mb/s above that. ...

Oh, I suspect everyone gets an initial surge for download (fools too-short speed-tests). I've never understood why anyone would want a "bundle" of so little for so much.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Nope, I'm not talking about the "initial surge". I'm still on the 25/25 package and can get slightly more than that on a good day

In any case, what's your "normally better than that" speeds?

Reticent
USA_PDX

Reticent

Is that remotely on-topic? Do you need to know? In public?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Hey, I wasn't the one that brought it up!

Reticent
USA_PDX

Reticent

"Older customers may still be provisioned for symmetric packages (25/25, 35/35)" ... so, should I ask your age?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

LOL! You're a funny one, love your sense of humor!

Reticent
USA_PDX

Reticent to TheMayor

to TheMayor
"FiOS Speeds max out at 35/15." __ __ Not true. Fiber can carry much more than that.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

He means the current package offerings, not the literal max.