All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
c17chief
join:2001-12-27
Lake Jackson, TX

c17chief

Are the $10/mo speed bumps still avail after new contract?

Being out of contract and new price increase coming...I'm about to renew finally. Rates on the web page are FINALLY reasonable (and I never got around to calling in for better).

Anyhow I have had extremeHD + 20/5 for many years. It's gotten up to $105/mo and soon another +$7/mo. TV tier stays. preferred is -$4 which lacks a couple minor channels I do watch somewhat regularly, so not worth just a few bucks to change. Ultimate is +$31 which is def not worth it to me. Internet is the big one though. I'm torn between staying with 20/5 which I have no complaint with. I do download large files frequently, so while I don't mind the wait with 20/5, it's not like faster would go unnoticed. Basicly I can stay as is, 50mb for +$10, or 75mb for +$15.

My question is...will all the ongoing 'upgrade to quantum' for $10...Even $5 for 12mo currently...links/advertisements remain AFTER renewing or will they go away? If they stick around, I'm thinking I should just stick to my current 20/5 to get that locked in, and still have the ability to bump it up a bit afterwards if I desire.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

My understanding is you can only select current offering when entering a contract. There is no 20/5, the options are 3/1 25/25 50/50 ect .... so doing a 2 year contract should be 25/25 in your case?
c17chief
Lake Jackson, TX

1 edit

c17chief

Decided to stick with it already. Since I was on the fence, if the speed upgrades don't show up later on AND I want the bump, oh well. Not the best price around, but certainly could do worse.

I think with the tiers, you just can't START and old tier. It will let you renew without having to move to a current one.

....oh, and I forgot to mention...the symmetric upgrades have not happened yet in my area I would guess. They JUST started advertising it in this area a few days ago stating over the next few MONTHS automatically or get it now via rewards (which no option for on my rewards page yet). My 20/5 has been 25+ on the download side for at least the last year or 3. There is nothing I do that increased upload will really change so doesn't really matter one way or the other. Probably why it still lets me do the 20/5.
c17chief

c17chief

WONDERFULL! So the order details/billing info/etc email showed up. Even though everything was clearly $89 all the way through checkout, now it says $99/mo! Also there is a mysterious $28 one time fee added in there (as well as the expected pro-rate adjustments) that was not even hinted about during any stage of ordering. Talk about bait and switch! Never had problems with Verizon billing, but I guess I just joined the club!

So now my question is, is canceling completely without ETF possible? On Verizon's pages, I see within 30days some places, within 15 days other places, and pay ETF period on others. Of course I do not fully intend on dropping them all together over this and would like to just get the rate I am supposed to as well as that 'one time charge' dropped....but do need to know if I have time to drop them completely without ETF if need be. I'd hate to threaten complete disconnect to get my rate right, but will bring that up if need be (and worse case prepared to follow through as Comcast has significantly better still rates, although I'd really prefer to avoid them)....but that would be pretty pointless and a very empty threat if ETF is effective right off the bat.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

If you have screen shots and any other proof of the offer they originally showed you post a message on the verizon direct forums here so a rep can look into it for you. They might be able to fix it. You can cancel within 30 days I believe, but it depends on the contract terms.
c17chief
Lake Jackson, TX

c17chief

Luckily I do. Good call on the direct support. Just posted there. Thanks for bringing that up.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Direct support can't fix billing errors, they send it off to another group. In my case, I worked with the direct support for two weeks and got no where, filled with the BBB and that got an adult from Verizon to correct things with a few days ( I had screen captures as well )
c17chief
Lake Jackson, TX

c17chief

Now this is just getting out of hand. Checked the account again a bit ago, and the rate went up even higher! F this. If they don't fix it by the end of the week I'm DONE! This is just ridiculous!

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

This is simple ... File a BBB compliant, takes about 15 minute to do it online. When they get back to you, you'll send the screen shots and tell them you want a discount for the contract term for your hassles. You'll get it.

Trying to work with the Direct Group or even on the phone script readers is pointless, none of these people have the authority to fix whats broken or issue credits.

Use the Dallas BBB as that's where Verizon is based out of. Verizon will respond with a day after the BBB accepts the complaint. Its SO simple and easy!
elefante72
join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY

elefante72 to guppy_fish

to guppy_fish
I have a different experience. I was caught in the latest upgrade pricing fiasco and I sent the screenshots and explanation to the direct forum and all was fixed in two days. They even followed up w/ a call to make sure everything was OK.

Remember TAKE SCREENSHOTS, log phones calls, or chat. It will make your life much easier...
c17chief
Lake Jackson, TX

c17chief

Definitely not my experience!

So according to "elite" billing...They say my rate shows $94.99 and not the $101.99 I am seeing..but even if I give them the benefit of the doubt there (with a HUGE grain of salt) and trust that is so.....They say my rate is $94.99 because it's an extra $5 for not having phone service. Well ONE, that is not disclosed ANYWHERE at ANY point during ordering...nor was my initial rate when I first got service any different then what was shown as I didn't have phone then either...and TWO...it's a double play package, specifically without phone, so of course I'm not going to have their service. If I wanted it, I would of gotten a TRIPLE play which frankly is nearly as cheap if not more so with promotional rates. Sounds like some BS excuse to me.

I'll give the BBB a shot as a last ditch. I'd hate to lose otherwise good service over a few bucks a month, but it's the principle of it, ESPECIALLY with a contract! I'm not a fan of the quality of service with Comcast in this area (internet is fine, but tv quality isn't nearly as good)..but they have some GREAT promotional rates currently and I'm fully prepared to bite the bullet if this doesn't pan out. We'll see what happens.
c17chief

c17chief

Nothing from the BBB complaint yet. Inquired about cancelling all together, and guess what? I'm subject to the ETF since it isn't a new connection! WTF is wrong with this company! Just filed an FCC complaint as well. Being military thus access to the base legal office, hopefully this is something they can provide some assistance with. We'll see how that goes. Ridiculous!

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

said by c17chief:

Nothing from the BBB complaint yet.

Takes about 1-2 weeks from complaint filed to solution, part of the delay is the BBB and if you didn't use the Dallas BBB there will be delays to transfer. Once its sent to Verizon from the BBB your looking at 1-2 days
c17chief
Lake Jackson, TX

c17chief

You were right. Got a call from executive support today. They were able to fix it right up and then some. Quick run down of my order and the 2 increases that followed, emailed my shots of them while on the phone, got new order and credit emails about an hour later, and a call back this afternoon from the guy that called this morning letting me know it's taken care of and what they did. I'm still a little disappointed that it took going that far to resolve the issue. Understandable issues arising like mine with a large organization, but at the same time it should be able to be dealt with by normal customer service. They did fix it and make it right, which is fair enough by me. I'm happy with that.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

Glad it worked out. As to why its this way, I think Verizon was having to many reps giving away the store so to speak to get good metrics on how the phone reps job performance is measured, just a guess but a company as big as they are its a lose lose situation. So only high level reps that you can't get on the phone can go in and make the changes you and I received.