spc
Search similar:

uniqs

JohnMcClane
@70.29.187.x

JohnMcClane

Anon

[Internet] Bell Fibe "sync no surf" problem

Just switched to Bell Fibe 25, without the TV. I was on Bell 15 before with TV, always had a great connection. Now it seems every time I download something it keeps freezing out from 30 seconds to 5 minutes. So I received a new Sagemcom modem to find it still does the same problem. It seems that the situation is here known as the "sync no surf" issue as I can access the hub without a problem, there's just no web connection possible.

Was there or is there any fix to this? Someway to talk to tech support into fixing it?

Thanks for any kind of help...
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping

You'd need a DSLR account and post in the direct forum where there's Bell tech could help you.

JohnMcClane
@70.29.187.x

JohnMcClane

Anon

What is a DSLR account? Wasn't I posting in the direct forum also?

I'm getting this just by surfing the web these days. Never happened with Fibe 15, now it's disconnect-galore with Fibe 25. Yet if I access the Hub everything is working fine.
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping

said by JohnMcClane :

What is a DSLR account? Wasn't I posting in the direct forum also?

I'm getting this just by surfing the web these days. Never happened with Fibe 15, now it's disconnect-galore with Fibe 25. Yet if I access the Hub everything is working fine.

No this is a public forum.

Here's the direct forum

»Bell Canada Direct

and you need to sign up here on DSLR.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to JohnMcClane

Premium Member

to JohnMcClane
The issue that you have is sync-no-surf, when you register for an account post in the »Bell Canada Direct and ask to be put onto a Fibe TV profile and it should solve your problem.
Halton
join:2014-06-29
Canada

Halton to JohnMcClane

to JohnMcClane
Do you have the Sagemcom 2864?

If so call them and tell them that you want it replaced without cost with the HomeHub 2000. You may need to explain the anguish and time the 2864 has caused you.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to JohnMcClane

to JohnMcClane
There are 2 major issues with the Sagemcom 2864:

1) on one of the 68xx firmwares, the modem reboots completely if you download faster than 20mbits

2) Sync no surf ... pings up to 135 bytes work, but you cannot use the internet.

#1 is solved by having a modem with an old firmware, or getting a different modem
#2 is solved by requesting a different profile in the direct forum

John McClain
@206.47.249.x

John McClain

Anon

thanks for the update
-john