spc
Search similar:

uniqs

toorruby
@173.8.217.x

toorruby

Anon

Centurylink modem

Hi there! I am being charged $109.49 by Centurylink for not returning the modem and I specifically remember mailing it in the box provided by Centurylink back in May when I had cancelled my service. I am moving to Portland, OR soon and would love to remain a customer with Centurylink and set up new service (or restore the existing service) but this charge is ridiculous. The rep I spoke to said it may have gotten lost in the mail and to use USPS next time and told me there was nothing he could do. This is unacceptable. I paid my last bill (even all the cancelling fees for terminating before a year) and now i'm being charged for a lost modem in the mail that is completely out of my control!

I think it may be time to find another internet provider. I haven't heard anything like this happen from Comcast customers
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

How exactly did you ship it back? If I remember correctly, when they ship the modem out, it comes with a return UPS sticker with a tracking number.

As far as Comcast goes, there is plenty of threads about people returning equipment & still being charged for it, along with them saying the modem you bought (lets say at Target), actually belongs to them & people having to prove they purchased the modem outright at a retailer.

rtoor
@173.8.217.x

rtoor

Anon

I couldn't locate the pre-paid shipping label so I just used the same box but shipped it out via UPS.
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

Can you get the tracking # from UPS ?

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to toorruby

MVM

to toorruby
said by toorruby :

... now i'm being charged for a lost modem in the mail that is completely out of my control!

Actually, it was under your control. You saved the shipping receipt, yes? That is your only proof that you mailed it.

I think it may be time to find another internet provider. I haven't heard anything like this happen from Comcast customers

I would strongly recommend you lurk a bit in their forum. With any ISP which rents CPE, it is imperative that the customer obtains, and retains such documentary evidence of how, and to whom they relinquished possession of the ISP's property.

sweller
join:2009-04-25
Tucson, AZ

sweller to toorruby

to toorruby
Interesting because they tried to do the same thing to me several years ago when I returned a rental.

Be persistent and patient. If they sent you a return box, they have a tracking number. Sooner or later you'll make contact with a rep that knows how to handle this.

I recall the returns department and customer service do not communicate with each other *at all*. I suspect it's because the returns department is a third-party contractor.