uniqs

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

[Equip] Spitter or amp. Do not know which

About 11/2 to 2 weeks ago I was reading posts on the HIS or cable forums. Some one mention about a piece of equipment that was ether a 6 way amp or 6 way splitter (could 5 or more). Does any one know what is equipment is?

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

said by Caddyroger:

About 11/2 to 2 weeks ago I was reading posts on the HSI or cable tv forums. Some one mention about a piece of equipment that was ether a 6 way amp or 6 way splitter (could 5 or more). Does any one know what is equipment is?

You're probably thinking about this thread on the Cable TV side: »[Connection] Optimizing 6 outlets through splitters for HDTVs + internet

There is this PPC EVO1-5-U/P 5-port zero-loss splitter on Amazon: »www.amazon.com/PPC-Evolu ··· 0IBLIQ5G

It is zero-loss on the downstream, with a 10dB passive loss on the upstream side, and has one -3.5dB passive port for a cable modem or eMTA that works even if power is lost.

EDIT: There is also this similar PCT PCT-VB-4U zero-loss splitter that has an active return, so it's loss-less in both directions: »www.amazon.com/Splitter- ··· 0AID1LXO

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

They maybe the ones I looked at.
corgi11
join:2013-09-30

corgi11

This is the Amp that Comcast installed when they gave me X-1 service