uniqs
kingfisher
Premium Member
join:2007-07-17
Webster, NY

kingfisher

Premium Member

Calls to iNum

I have an iNum number with each of CallCentric and voip.ms. In testing this morning (30 August), I find that I cannot contact either. Anyone else having similar experience?

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by kingfisher:

Anyone else having similar experience?

I just tested with my Callcentric iNum and I get failure code 404.
taoman
Premium Member
join:2013-09-13
Seattle, WA

taoman to kingfisher

Premium Member

to kingfisher
said by kingfisher:

Anyone else having similar experience?

Likewise. My Callcentric iNum is currently not working.
pinky321 (banned)
join:2002-06-05

1 edit

pinky321 (banned) to kingfisher

to kingfisher
We have five different iNum numbers from five different vendors (Callcentric, Libera il VoIP, Voxox, ippi, SIP forever). All failure to connect including iNum SIP URI. Therefore, I have just sent an e-mail to Voxbone regarding this outage.

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to kingfisher

Premium Member

to kingfisher
I just tried calling the Voxbone echo test number +883 510 000 000 091 ( referenced on http://www.inum.net/?page_id=1033 ) No luck.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

Strangely, I can call in from PSTN (I used 1 213 221 3799) and enter 000 000 091# and it works fine. But, using that same access number to call a user's iNum does not.

arpawocky
Premium Member
Columbus, OH

arpawocky

Premium Member

said by Stewart:

Strangely, I can call in from PSTN (I used 1 213 221 3799) and enter 000 000 091# and it works fine. But, using that same access number to call a user's iNum does not.

Interesting. I get a 408 Request Timeout directly from inum/voxbone. Sending the calls to sip.inum.net.

Heavily redacted sip dialog:
INVITE sip:883510000000091@sip.inum.net SIP/2.0
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP [REDACTED]:5060;branch=[REDACTED]
Max-Forwards: 70
From: "[REDACTED]" <sip:[REDACTED]@[REDACTED]>;tag=[REDACTED]
To: <sip:883510000000091@sip.inum.net>
Call-ID: [REDACTED]@[REDACTED]
CSeq: 102 INVITE
User-Agent: [REDACTED]
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2014 [REDACTED] GMT
Allow: [REDACTED]
Supported: replaces
P-Asserted-Identity: "[REDACTED]" <sip:[REDACTED]@[REDACTED]>
P-Asserted-Identity: tel:[REDACTED]
Content-Type: application/sdp
Content-Length: [REDACTED]

v=0
o=[REDACTED] [REDACTED] [REDACTED] IN IP4 [REDACTED]
s=[REDACTED]
c=IN IP4 [REDACTED]
t=0 0
m=audio [REDACTED] RTP/AVP 0 101
a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
a=fmtp:101 0-16
a=ptime:20
a=sendrecv

SIP/2.0 100 trying -- your call is important to us
To: <sip:883510000000091@sip.inum.net>
User-Agent: iNum
Content-Length: 0

SIP/2.0 408 Request Timeout
To: <sip:883510000000091@sip.inum.net>;tag=[REDACTED]
User-Agent: iNum
Content-Length: 0

Juste
join:2005-03-11

Juste to kingfisher

to kingfisher
The problem has been there for several days.

That is the answer I got from their CS on August 24th:

There is an upgrade of systems happening that may be the reason, should be back to normal shortly.

Thanks,
iNum

arpawocky
Premium Member
Columbus, OH

arpawocky

Premium Member

An "upgrade" that takes out a whole country code for days is problematic.

Adam4
Premium Member
join:2011-05-30
Woodland Hills, CA

Adam4 to Juste

Premium Member

to Juste
said by Juste:

The problem has been there for several days. That is the answer I got from their CS on August 24th:

There is an upgrade of systems happening that may be the reason, should be back to normal shortly.

Are you sure you aren't confusing two different problems here? On a different thread on this forum, user Stewart posted on Aug. 25:

I had opened a ticket asking whether PSTN access numbers had been canceled. A prompt reply said: "No, there is an upgrade that seems to be affecting the numbers, should be resolved shortly. Sorry for the disruption of service."

But that was in response to the problem that, worldwide, the PSTN local access numbers created to call iNums were not working. It seems that was fixed, but now the iNums themselves are dead.

Two major problems in the span of about a week, and now iNums totally dead for going on at least 12 hours? Is this the beginning of the end for iNums?
Adam4

Adam4 to kingfisher

Premium Member

to kingfisher
I'm getting interesting errors in my Asterisk log when I try to make an iNum call to my direct to iNum trunk. This make sense to anyone?

[Aug 30 16:52:33] [29655] Called 883510000000091@inum
[Aug 30 16:53:03] WARNING[24329] chan_sip.c: Re-invite to non-existing call leg on other UA. SIP dialog '2edc3ebb4079d4e72bc35667482e76d4@[redacted]'. Giving up.
[Aug 30 16:53:03] [29655] SIP/inum-08ffa9d8 is circuit-busy
[Aug 30 16:53:03] [29655] Everyone is busy/congested at this time (1:0/1/0)
[Aug 30 16:53:03] [29655] Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/4820-08fe9bd8' status is 'CONGESTION'
[Aug 30 16:53:03] [29655] Executing [h@inum-out:1] Hangup("SIP/4820-08fe9bd8", "") in new stack
[Aug 30 16:53:03] [29655] Spawn extension (inum-out, h, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/4820-08fe9bd8'
[Aug 30 16:53:03] WARNING[24329] chan_sip.c: Forbidden - maybe wrong password on authentication for BYE

Juste
join:2005-03-11

Juste to Adam4

to Adam4
I had asked them about PSTN access numbers and their answer only mentioned that problem.

OTOH, I did not experience any problem related to iNums numbers themselves. I still can use them without issue.

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

cb14 to Adam4

to Adam4
said by Adam4:

It seems that was fixed, but now the iNums themselves are dead.

Two major problems in the span of about a week, and now iNums totally dead for going on at least 12 hours? Is this the beginning of the end for iNums?

How are they dead? They do work for me.

Adam4
Premium Member
Woodland Hills, CA

Adam4

Premium Member

said by cb14:

In what way are they working for you? As was posted above, except for calling an iNum test number through their PSTN access (real iNums fail even through this way), as everyone else who has posted to this thread, all outgoing calls to iNums fail for me no matter which VoIP provider I use, including directly through iNum at sip.inum.net.

I just tested, this condition still persists as of 8:45 PM Pacific.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to cb14

Premium Member

to cb14
Earlier this week:

iNum local access numbers were not working at all, but the iNum numbers did work when called directly.

-----

Right now:

iNum local access numbers ARE working in the sense that they pick up, but the actual iNum numbers do NOT work when called through the local access numbers or when called directly.

-----

Summary:

In "The Flies of Memory" by Ian Watson people really noticed when alien insects took away the Vatican by doing mental Snapchat.

But if iNum disappears, no one notices except a handful of desperate and disparate Vopiers.

cb14
Miami Beach, FL

cb14 to Adam4

to Adam4
said by Adam4:

said by cb14:

In what way are they working for you? As was posted above, except for calling an iNum test number through their PSTN access (real iNums fail even through this way), as everyone else who has posted to this thread, all outgoing calls to iNums fail for me no matter which VoIP provider I use, including directly through iNum at sip.inum.net.

I just tested, this condition still persists as of 8:45 PM Pacific.

I just called my own i- Num from my cell phone via Localphone access number and I received another call today on my i-num.
cb14

cb14 to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

But if iNum disappears, no one notices except a handful of desperate and disparate Vopiers.

Not just VOIPers. But a very small group indeed. Which is unfortunate because it is a perfect way for international calling for people on tight budget. Anyone in a country with an i-num PSTN access can call my VOIP phone for free and also anyone who has an account with Localphone or Callcentric can do that in countries where they have access numbers.

Adam4
Premium Member
Woodland Hills, CA

Adam4 to cb14

Premium Member

to cb14
said by cb14:

I just called my own i- Num from my cell phone via Localphone access number and I received another call today on my i-num.

They are working sporadically for me this morning. I just completed two successful calls to my VoIP.ms iNum, and successful calls to my Callcentric iNum but just now two calls to my Callcentric iNum failed.

In addition, Callcentric iNum calls are not coming in, apparently, with the correct SIP FROM header (which is important for incoming Callcentric calls for call routing purposes) but in the course of trying to troubleshoot this, calls to the Callcentric iNum started to fail again.

Also, I still am not able to place outgoing iNum calls using the direct to iNum access at sip.inum.net. Something is definitely up there, but it appears they're working on it...

cb14
Miami Beach, FL

cb14

As i said, I do use them daily and I did not have encountered problems, except that at a point of time the global PSTN access numbers seemed not to work.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

said by cb14:

As i said, I do use them daily and I did not have encountered problems, except that at a point of time the global PSTN access numbers seemed not to work.

Please state clearly what is working for you. Which provider(s) can you use to send calls? Which provider(s) can you use to receive them? Which provider(s) iNums are reachable via their PSTN access numbers?

I can successfully call a Localphone iNum with Localphone and a Callcentric iNum with Callcentric. However, that has nothing to do with iNums actually working -- the provider is merely recognizing the destination number as one of their own and routing the call internally.

cb14
Miami Beach, FL

1 edit

cb14

said by Stewart:

I can successfully call a Localphone iNum with Localphone and a Callcentric iNum with Callcentric. However, that has nothing to do with iNums actually working -- the provider is merely recognizing the destination number as one of their own and routing the call internally.

In that case i may have underestimated the seriousness of the problem. I use the i-num this way indeed. I guess it's the time for apologies.

on edit : I just checked the PSTN access in Amsterdam and in Frankfurt a.M. and it is not working, you get the announcement but5 the call never connects.
Livadia
join:2007-12-18
Canada

Livadia to kingfisher

to kingfisher
It seems it works now.

Arne Bolen
User of Anveo Direct, 3CX and Qubes OS.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-21
Utopia

Arne Bolen

Premium Member

said by Livadia:

It seems it works now.

Yes it works fine with Callcentric iNum now.
kingfisher
Premium Member
join:2007-07-17
Webster, NY

1 edit

kingfisher

Premium Member

Able to reach both CallCentric and voip.ms via iNum now
pinky321 (banned)
join:2002-06-05

pinky321 (banned)

All five different iNum numbers from five different vendors (Callcentric, Libera il VoIP, Voxox, ippi, SIP forever) have been fully functional including iNum SIP URI since Monday morning. Therefore, the problem has been resolved. It appears Voxbone simply have a weekend off for iNum.