Search similar:

uniqs
bendsley
join:2009-11-03
Amarillo, TX

bendsley

Ouch, D+ rating from pingtest.com

»www.pingtest.net/result/ ··· 1510.png

That above is the link to my latest results. Unfortunately, this has been happening for the past couple of weeks. Playing online games is not possible (ex. BF4) due to high ping times, so it's not just to whatever pingtest.com is sending me to.

Modem, router, switch, computer, etc. have all been restarted. Nothing else inside can be running....and this is still what I'm getting. My next door neighbor as well as one across town here in Amarillo, TX have said the same thing....slow loading stuff at night, high pings in games, etc.

Just ranting as I can't do much and sure don't expect Suddenlink to do anything. Haha, you're stuck with us sucker.

AmarilloUser
@50.26.146.x

AmarilloUser

Anon

I only wish I could get a D+. In the La Paloma neighborhood I get a big fat "F" with every pingtest on suddenlimp every evening. Services oversold and they care absolutely nothing about resolving the issues!
lcornejo
join:2014-03-20
Turris Omnia
ARRIS NVG589

lcornejo to bendsley

to bendsley
Use ping plotter for a 24 hr period. That should be more accurate than a quick ping test. Ideally you should make sure your upload is not pegged. Off it is, that can introduce significant latency. If your router supports it. Run QOS, and set it at 90% of your download and upload capacity.

If that doesn't help, look at ping plotter or do some treaceroutes in the am, mid day, then at primetime evening hours.

Also contact sltech here in this forum. If it's on the sip side, he can help tremendously.

AmarilloUser
@50.26.146.x

AmarilloUser

Anon

Not sure if you can get much worse than this. The pingtest will score an "A" during off peak hours but after 7pm I've never had it score above an "F".
semaj81
join:2002-08-12
Marietta, OH

1 edit

semaj81 to bendsley

to bendsley
All sexy here..

I didn't post this to be that guy but more to show that their network should be performing as promised everywhere.. Not just for me and other random markets.. they need to fix this..
lcornejo
join:2014-03-20
Turris Omnia
ARRIS NVG589

lcornejo to AmarilloUser

to AmarilloUser
Well, next thing you need to figure out, is that you yourself are not introducing additional delay. If you max out your upload speed, that WILL introduce delay. What sort of things are you doing at prime time? Specially on the upload side, make sure all back up and updates are done off hours.

But it will most likely be provisioning/oversubscription problem on SL's network get in touch with SDL L3Tech in this forum. He'll help you out if he can.
Sandman192
Premium Member
join:2014-09-15
Healdton, OK

Sandman192 to bendsley

Premium Member

to bendsley

Re: That's nothing

Take a look at this. This happens every night, but that night I got this. I'm in Southern OK.

bendsley
join:2009-11-03
Amarillo, TX

bendsley

I'm going to be doing the pingplotter pretty quick, but just got off the phone with tech support out of Lubbock. He wanted to send someone out here on Sunday to look at it, because he said they're extremely low speeds for my subscription.

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 4741.png
The above is my latest tonight. The upload is actually faster than the download.