dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

2 recommendations

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

[trueSTREAM] Introducing trueSTREAM from DSL Extreme

DSL Extreme is excited to announce trueSTREAM, our newest and most advanced broadband service offering! The service is now available to all new and existing clients in qualifying service areas. To see if your location qualifies please visit our Members section and select the Modify your Internet link for existing clients or https://www.dslextreme.com/truestream for new clients.

trueSTREAM has been quite a while in the making and we are beyond ecstatic to bring this new platform to our valued clients running on a next generation advanced digital fiber-optic network. The two biggest requests from our valued clients over the years have been the desire for faster speed packages and the desire for unbundled services without the need for underlying phone service. trueSTREAM brings you both!

trueSTREAM is now available in 21 states across the US including California, Texas, Illinois, and Florida. We are happy to now cover the south eastern part of the US with this great new product as well. The service can reach over 30 millions locations today and is expected to continue to expand to nearly 60 million by the end of 2015!

What are some key features of trueSTREAM?

•High Speed Internet with plans up to 75/8 Mbps. Additional plans, which we anticipate will be our most popular, include: up to 12/1, 18/1.5, 24/3 and 45/6 Mbps.

•truly Unlimited Internet with no download limits or bandwidth caps! Stream your movies, shows and more!

•Dynamic and Static IP packages available throughout the entire coverage area!

•Professional Installation which is available FREE for a limited time (a $199 savings).

•Wireless router/gateway

•No phone service required! truly unbundled service! Cord-cutters rejoice!

How much does it cost?

trueSTREAM service is currently available to new and existing customers at the same great promotional rates. With plans as low as $17.95 per month (plus applicable fees) and many plans/options to choose from, there is a plan to meet everyone’s budget and needs. For additional information or to check to see if your location qualifies visit our website at https://www.dslextreme.com/truestream

Thanks!
PowerMac
join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA

3 recommendations

PowerMac

[trueSTREAM] Re: Introducing trueSTREAM from DSL Extreme

Awesome! Will be checking out!
NC37
join:2003-05-13

NC37 to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Which networks is this on? I checked mine (Network 3) and it doesn't seem to be running via Verizon. Thought Fusion was ATT?
PowerMac
join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA

PowerMac

said by NC37:

Which networks is this on? I checked mine (Network 3) and it doesn't seem to be running via Verizon. So if ATT is Fusion then what is Truestream? This a new provider?

They are reselling Uverse line
PowerMac

PowerMac to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
[]Modem Lease Required: I understand I will be charged $6.50/mo for lease of this equipment

No thanks
NC37
join:2003-05-13

NC37 to PowerMac

to PowerMac
Ahh, no relief for Verizon network customers then...sigh. Well, was excited for a min, back I go to wishing Verizon would just get the thumb out their butt and let DSLx resell FIOS.

jadinolf
I love you Fred
Premium Member
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA

jadinolf to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
Well, I was qualified last night and this morning I'm not.

Stinks

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to NC37

MVM

to NC37
said by NC37:

Thought Fusion was ATT?

Fusion is only available where AT&T is the ILEC, but it is a Sonic.net (another CLEC) product.
dickmead
Premium Member
join:1999-08-22
Pasadena, CA

dickmead to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
I presume since the Fusion I am already on is limited to 6Mb down
there would be a similar limit on the truestream (which I am qualified for apparently) and thus seems to be of no interest to me.True? What impact would there be on the phone service?

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Not so. Fusion is connected directly to the Central Office only, but trueSTREAM can be run from Remote Terminals, so especially if you're only able to get 6Mbps on Fusion there's probably a closer RT that would be able to provide faster speeds through trueSTREAM.

trueSTREAM is data-only, so if you want to keep the landline phone as well as use trueSTREAM then you'd have to decide if you want to want to keep Fusion for the phone service (and perhaps as a dedicated line so one device gets its own 6Mbps connection that it doesn't have to share), or if you want to sign back up for a regular voice line (typically with AT&T), or perhaps port the number out to a VoIP carrier like Vonage.

biotech
@66.249.113.x

biotech

Anon

So if one wants "trueSTREAM" and regular POTS, can it be on one pair or two pair?

Example:
trueSTREAM + POTS on one pair

trueSTREAM only on one pair and POTS on the other pair

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

It would be on two pairs; trueSTREAM on one and POTS on the other.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
Two questions regarding this:

1) I already have U-Verse and was wondering can I keep the TV portion and use this instead?

2) Since there's a rental fee, I would like to buy my own modem. Is this feasible?

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by Boricua:

Two questions regarding this:

1) I already have U-Verse and was wondering can I keep the TV portion and use this instead?

2) Since there's a rental fee, I would like to buy my own modem. Is this feasible?

Would be happy to answer those:

1. You shouldn't any any issues doing this as you can provision multiple lines into a location. You would effectively end up with two connections one from AT&T for your TV service and one from AT&T for your Internet.

2. The service does require that you utilize our rented wifi router/gateway.
dickmead
Premium Member
Pasadena, CA

dickmead

Premium Member

1. Can the rental gateway be configured as a bridge so one could just use their existing wifi router?
2. How would I determine if an RT is indeed near me? I would not like to find out afterward there was not.
Thanks...
aerith
Premium Member
join:2008-12-31
Milpitas, CA

aerith to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
This "piggybacks" off of the AT&T Uverse Network. Currently, AT&T has a 250gb data usage before charging an additional $10 after. Does DSLExtreme enforce AT&T's usage limits?

I also read there is a one year contract, however I don't want to be on a contract [for example, Comcast Business Class forces a customer to be on contract, or a potential customer can't use Comcast Business Class] so is it possible to be on a month to month contract? Thanks for your time.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
Chatsworth, CA

1 recommendation

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

said by aerith:

This "piggybacks" off of the AT&T Uverse Network. Currently, AT&T has a 250gb data usage before charging an additional $10 after. Does DSLExtreme enforce AT&T's usage limits?

I also read there is a one year contract, however I don't want to be on a contract [for example, Comcast Business Class forces a customer to be on contract, or a potential customer can't use Comcast Business Class] so is it possible to be on a month to month contract? Thanks for your time.

Would be happy to answer those for you:

There are absolutely no bandwidth caps or download limits on the service.

A one year contract term is required on the service. We do not have a month-to-month offering at this time.
Micskinner
join:2009-04-26

1 recommendation

Micskinner to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
I was thinking to myself, "shut up and take my money," until I saw this reply.
Get rid of the requirement to rent the equipment and you can have my business.
DnEtDe6c
join:2007-02-02
Athens, GA

DnEtDe6c to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
I have a couple more questions to add to those posted previously by others:

1) When I tried to move to a faster tier a couple of months ago, ATT told me I was maxed out at 12 Mbps. Your service said I qualified up to 45. Can I really get 45 and, if so, why the discrepancy?

2) There is some interesting fine print on the link provided by the OP. "Pricing above is available for new Residential Internet customers. After 12 months, standard rate applies unless canceled by customer. Promotional rates may no longer apply if customer changes their speed tier during term. 12-month term required."

What's this about? What is the standard pricing that will kick in after a year? I can't seem to find it on your web site.
perryrpj
Premium Member
join:2006-06-14
Bedford, TX

1 recommendation

perryrpj to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
said by dslx_gm:

Would be happy to answer those for you:

There are absolutely no bandwidth caps or download limits on the service.

A one year contract term is required on the service. We do not have a month-to-month offering at this time.

dslx_gm George,

Thank you for entering the thread. Nuts, I qualify, but just signed with AT&T/Uverse a couple months ago for a year. 450 package, 18/1.5 (which was the best they said I could get), and have dial up (not VOIP) with them also. I'll get with y'all in ~10 months.
att2dslext
join:2014-08-08

2 edits

att2dslext to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
A few questions

1. I just switched over to DSL extreme a month ago with DSL service. Will I be able to upgrade to this while I am 1 month into my contract?

2. Also, DSL 6Mpbs is lower in pricing compared to Fiber 6Mpbs. Is there a difference that is causing the price discrepancy despite the same speed?

3. What pricing structure can we expect after 12 months?
ramsaso
Premium Member
join:2014-01-04
Houston, TX
ARRIS SB6183

1 edit

1 recommendation

ramsaso to Boricua

Premium Member

to Boricua
said by Boricua:

Remember that this is a resold version of MA Bell's U-Verse.
I bet that they forced DSL Extreme to have that charge or else they couldn't offer higher speeds. At least it's less than $7/month!
(No offence to the whole staff at DSLX)

To Nick or to the GM, what model is it for the modem?

tribal
join:2002-11-28
Garden Grove, CA

tribal to dslx_gm

to dslx_gm
Was interested (but still sort of interested), but bummed you still only offer 12 month contracts. I used to be a DSL Extreme customer back in the heyday of DSL but back then contracts made sense I suppose. But in 2014?

Also, a 75mbps tier is offered but not serviced in my area despite a node being less than 60 yards from my apartment. Is that more on AT&T's side?
ramsaso
Premium Member
join:2014-01-04
Houston, TX

ramsaso

Premium Member

Hey, at least the contract's monthly price is better(cheaper) than month-to-month.

tribal
join:2002-11-28
Garden Grove, CA

1 recommendation

tribal

I'd be more receptive with shorter term limits (i.e., 6 months) to be honest...
att2dslext
join:2014-08-08

1 recommendation

att2dslext

I'm OK with contracts, as long as the price is stable. I'm concerned about the price after the first 12 months.

Right now I'm paying ~$23 for 6Mpbs DSL. Moving to fiber 12Mbps will effectively double my monthly bill after fees and monthly modem rental..
innoman
-
Premium Member
join:2002-05-07
Seattle, WA

1 recommendation

innoman

Premium Member

There is probably a decent increase in upload though, right? I'd probably go up to 18, at least, if you can since the jump isn't that much more. But it really depends on how you use your internet.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

1 recommendation

Boricua to Micskinner

Premium Member

to Micskinner
said by Micskinner:

I was thinking to myself, "shut up and take my money," until I saw this reply.
Get rid of the requirement to rent the equipment and you can have my business.

This!!!
dickmead
Premium Member
Pasadena, CA

1 recommendation

dickmead to dslx_gm

Premium Member

to dslx_gm
1. Can the rental gateway be configured as a bridge so one could just use their existing wifi router?
2. How would I determine if an RT is indeed near me? I would not like to find out afterward there was not.
Thanks...
Expand your moderator at work