spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Jast
@71.35.21.x

Jast

Anon

port a number that is a call treatment forward

Hi ... if i port a number I have a call treatment for to a new provider should I delete it from my callcentric number then re-add the number or can I just port the number and have it work as it does with the old provider without re-adding it? Which will work for me the best ? I have the soon to be ported number as a call forwarding option for my Callcentric number...
thanks ....
RogerD
join:2008-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

RogerD

If I understand, you have a call treatment to forward calls to a different number and you are porting that destination number to another carrier. The only issue I can see if the number to be ported is currently a CC number they may have optimized the routing to stay in-house. If that's the case once the number ports out of CC the rule may not work, but a simple modification should up date the rule. Always best to test after such a change and see what, if anything, needs updating.

Jast
@71.35.21.x

Jast

Anon

Thanks ... no the number I am porting is a Verizon prepay ported to a Virgin mobile prepay so I will just port it and should have no problems and my setup will remain . This is good news...
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Right. The issue should have nothing to do with CC.