All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Aeon
join:2014-09-13

Aeon

ZTE Gateway Routed Modem to Bridge w/ Linksys Router

I have been trying to locate the exact model of my ZTE modem and can't find it anywhere. All the user manuals I've read from other posts seem to be somewhat similar but not for my exact modem. My modem reads VDSL CPE ZSHN H368C US: ZTEDL01BHNH368CV1

I've tried Advanced Setup > Layer2 Interface > PTM Interface > Checking Remove, Clicking Remove. (Which results in the following error)

DSL Interface Remove Error

You CANNOT remove this DSL Interface if it is used by a WAN Service. You need to remove the WAN Service before you can remove this DSL interface.

Click on "Back" button to give it an another try.

Or

Click on "Reboot Router" button to reboot the DSL Router and try it again.

So I went to Advanced Setup > WAN Service > Checking PTM, Clicking Remove > Add > PTM, Next > Selected Bridging type, Enabled VLAN settings the same values found in this document on page 66 Figure 85, 5 and 2 > Next. This is where I'm getting a Summary:
Connection Type: Bridge
NAT: Disabled
Full Cone NAT: Disabled
Quality Of Service: Disabled

This is where I connected the modem to my Linksys router and was unable to get an internet connection. I'd appreciate any help that can turn the ZTE into a brick modem.

I'm only using 30mbit fioptics no voice or tv, thanks in advance!
CVGNet
join:2012-04-10
Cincinnati, OH

CVGNet

Did you try it with VLAN MUX disabled?
Aeon

Aeon

I resolved this by removing the PTM Interface first then adding PTM Bridge then connecting my router then powercycling both. It's a very tedious process and must be done in the right order.

The finished process will look like this.
titoyay222
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Cincinnati, OH

titoyay222

Premium Member

Thank you for this guide. I was trying to figure this out and was doing the same steps you mentioned above with same results. Doing it in the ordered mentioned worked for me.
I was wondering if the wireless and ports would still work on the ZTE Modem? i connected on wifi and one of the LAN ports of the modem, and I couldn't get out to the net. Behind my dhcp firewall worked fine.

Gamechief
join:2010-06-09
Cincinnati, OH

Gamechief to Aeon

to Aeon
Wow spent hours trying to put that damn modem in to bridge mode. I gave up and have the install tech redo my installation with full ethernet. (best decision i made) I will keep them in mind if i have to put someone else's modem in bridge mode.
Aeon

Aeon to titoyay222

to titoyay222
Your modem becomes a brick modem the only ports that work are Internet or port 1.

Gamechief
join:2010-06-09
Cincinnati, OH

Gamechief

Well I think that would be what is expected.... The setup would be modem in bridge mode which will send a public IP to your router for you to manage as you please.