spc
Search similar:

uniqs
atarnakh
join:2013-07-07
Cleveland, OH

1 edit

atarnakh

Wild speed fluctuations in NEO/Cle area - modem showing an issue?

Click for full size
I've always had strong signal here (near a major intersection and tap, if that's the right word).

But I think ever since both TWC had that major outage and have bonded more channels recently (I have the 2 blue lights for both up and down on my Zoom 5341J where I used to have only down I believe) my speeds have fluctuated wildly from 16Mb/s (I'm on Standard) to nearly zero during both streaming and various speed tests. Can you see anything wrong in the levels? I'm told being too strong in signal can also cause instability. Thanks.
atarnakh

atarnakh

Any opinions please? I'm trying to figure out what's most helpful to say if I'm going to call this in which I dread doing.
blackride5
join:2011-05-31
Brecksville, OH

blackride5 to atarnakh

to atarnakh
Same issue here. They said they fixed it and it's going it again.
atarnakh
Cleveland, OH

atarnakh

OK, I'm posting this in the direct forum which I just learned about and hoping for the best.
downtwc
join:2014-08-15
United State

downtwc to atarnakh

to atarnakh
I'm in Northwest Ohio with the same issues. Paying for Ultimate 50 but rarely see above 10Mbit download on speedtest.net. During peak times it's below 3Mbit.

I think this could be related to a firmware update they supposedly did to TV/DVR in conjunction with the DOCSIS channel upgrades. Haven't been able to get any confirmation on whether or not said firmware update actually took place in Ohio or not.

Have had techs come out. They say all the signals are great. So I'm convinced it's overprovisioning and there's nothing they're doing to fix it (been going on for months). As such, I've had over $150 in credits to my account since July. When all else fails, just ask for account credits and if they want to send a truck out, let them waste their time and money continuing to lie to us.
atarnakh
Cleveland, OH

atarnakh

said by downtwc:

I'm in Northwest Ohio with the same issues. Paying for Ultimate 50 but rarely see above 10Mbit download on speedtest.net. During peak times it's below 3Mbit.

I think this could be related to a firmware update they supposedly did to TV/DVR in conjunction with the DOCSIS channel upgrades. Haven't been able to get any confirmation on whether or not said firmware update actually took place in Ohio or not.

Have had techs come out. They say all the signals are great. So I'm convinced it's overprovisioning and there's nothing they're doing to fix it (been going on for months). As such, I've had over $150 in credits to my account since July. When all else fails, just ask for account credits and if they want to send a truck out, let them waste their time and money continuing to lie to us.

I have no cable TV service, only internet, so I may not have the widest view, but what I can tell you is that my Zoom modem has received no firmware updates and I doubt any are available or ever will be. The only thing that MAY have been a contributing factor is the new channel bonding which appeared I believe around the same time that infamous nationwide outage happened several weeks ago. I also believe there've been several smaller outages since.

I'm so far getting a mixed feedback about whether my signals are good or possibly out of range somehow.

I've got a service appointment today and am curious what if anything will be done and if the tech will find any problems. I'm ready to do speedtests while it's going on and after. I think the best illustrator of the speed inconsistencies is »testmy.net/ but I don't know if their claims that they're more reliable than flash-based tests has any merit.

In my experience TWC is very stingy about credits but if the problem isn't solved soon I will be asking.