All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

[iO] We're updating your TV service in the next few days.

In the next few days we'll be making enhancements to your TV service. These will only affect your Samsung digital cable boxes.

The updates will occur between 1 AM and 6 AM, when fewer customers are watching TV. There may be an interruption to your service at that time. When your digital cable box turns off and you see "turn" and "on" alternating on the front panel, turn it back on. After a few minutes your service will be back up and running.

After the updates enjoy these enhancements:

• The "Info" bar will take up less space and allow you to see more picture on your TV screen, and the "More Info" bar and Caller ID box will have a new, improved look.
• The red recording dot for DVR will be easier to see in the program guide, and the record and cancel options in the recording menu will be moved for quicker navigation.
• Closed captioning will let you customize the caption style to your personal preference.

»ebm.optimumemail1.com/c/ ··· OCK4%3D1
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Wow, the size of the bar was a big complaint from start as well as the red dot location. Took a while but I guess they are listening.

MxxCon
join:1999-11-19
Brooklyn, NY

MxxCon

I don't mind the size of info bar. They could stretch it out to better fit 16:9 TV, but otherwise 1/3 of the screen is not bad.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
update sounds good to me

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
No love for the SA boxes?

Boooost
@24.190.186.x

Boooost to kickass69

Anon

to kickass69
I hope they bring back the 15 minute sleep timer setting.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt to J Alert

to J Alert
said by J Alert:

They always update them separately

ilsno
@24.185.54.x

ilsno

Anon

Has anyone gotten the update yet ? I hope the new look of the caller Id box will a) be larger and b) stay on the TV longer than a second or two. I'd like it to remain there for as long as the phone is ringing.
dm145
Clifton, NJ

dm145

And keep a history

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to kickass69

MVM

to kickass69
Except for the major guide change, it's rare that they actually tell you what to expect from an update. At least once a quarter my box reboots, presumably from an update but I never get a notification or what the update entails. Even if it is just a minor software patch, it would be nice to know what they did on an ongoing basis.
Steve L
join:2006-08-29
White Plains, NY

Steve L to kickass69

to kickass69
Anyone get the update yet? Looking forward to it, but I'm in lower Westchester and haven't seen it yet on any of my Samsung boxes.

kickass69
join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

kickass69

I was told the update happened before I got the email above about it. I've seen the new Caller ID layout, DVR and Info sections, it all looks good. The Caller ID is definitely easier to read.
dm145
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Does the info bar take up less real estate?

Tursiops_G
Technoid
MVM
join:2002-02-06
Brooksville, FL
ARRIS TM1602

Tursiops_G to kickass69

MVM

to kickass69
Got it here, too.

Info bar (first selection) now only shows title and time/rating, so takes less vertical space...

Channel 502 (Free On Demand) menu selection is STILL broke, though (Gotta go to 500 and navigate to FOD instead)...
(I wonder when they will get around to addressing THAT issue?)...

-Tursiops_G.
milan22
join:2008-12-17
Newark, NJ

milan22 to kickass69

to kickass69
I was just curious, why reduce the size of the info bar in the first place?

I like seeing the first line of the description. Like if it was a movie , after the title , the next line would show a couple of the actors. I don't need to see the whole thing but seeing a couple of the actors jolts my memory about said movie.

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

1 edit

mbernste to J Alert

MVM

to J Alert
said by J Alert:

The e-mail I got today specifically stated the SA boxes, more like no love for the Samsung boxes.

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe

Premium Member

Sony box?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Didn't they do away with all the Sony boxes?

mbernste
MVM
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste

MVM

Yes, I believe they did, why?
dm145
Clifton, NJ

dm145 to kickass69

to kickass69
I wonder if they hit a snag rolling this uodate out. I'm in NJ like OP and have not received it yet.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to mbernste

Premium Member

to mbernste
said by mbernste:

Yes, I believe they did, why?

Because someone asked about them two posts above me, but he edited his post to say Samsung

tvfan26
join:2013-12-29
Howell, NJ

tvfan26 to kickass69

to kickass69
Got the update here in Monmouth, NJ with my SA Box.
Update occurred around 2:30am.
The box displayed r----

Well, the info bar is smaller but, there is definitely some lagging going on when changing the channels.

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat
join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to kickass69

to kickass69
We got the email, but no update yet. We only have SA boxes. I hope the info box isn't too much smaller, we might not be able to read it. It would be nice if they could do something about the readability of the guide though. It's Ok on the big tv but on the bedroom tv's you have to stand a foot away to read it.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

said by momcat1:

We got the email, but no update yet. We only have SA boxes. I hope the info box isn't too much smaller, we might not be able to read it. It would be nice if they could do something about the readability of the guide though. It's Ok on the big tv but on the bedroom tv's you have to stand a foot away to read it.

I don't think the text is smaller (or at least I didn't really notice it smaller). There is less info displayed when you press info once.

momcat1
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to dm145

to dm145
said by dm145:

And keep a history

Do you really need a history on your tv screen? Just go to voice.optimum.net, and you can view, print or download your call history

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY

Premium Member

said by momcat1:

said by dm145:

And keep a history

Do you really need a history on your tv screen? Just go to voice.optimum.net, and you can view, print or download your call history

I think the intent of the suggestion was to make it like a phone where you can scroll through recent CIDs

momcat1
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1

Talk about overkill! It's alredy on the phone too.

I guess there must someone out there who actually wants to see the interminable list of junk phone calls. Not me.
dm145
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Keeping the last five calls would not be that bad. I had that with Directv years ago. Not overkill at all. To each his own.

J Alert
Mayhem til the AM
Premium Member
join:2003-03-15
Tuckahoe, NY

J Alert to kickass69

Premium Member

to kickass69
Can someone post a picture of how the new guide looks compared to the old guide? Samsung & SA boxes.

momcat1
Wappingers Falls, NY

momcat1 to kickass69

to kickass69
I 'guess' they did ours last night, since the box was off when I woke up. It would have been after 3:20 AM and before 6:00 AM. So far, I can't tell the difference - still have to walk up to the TV in the bedroom to read it. At least it doesn't seem to be any worse.