uniqs

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

[Connectivity] Is Verizon still selling DSL services these days?

I am in a new place that used to have slow DSL with Verizon, but it is no longer available when I try to order. I know Verizon won't deploy more FIOS and does offer expensive capped cellular Internet. Landline would be nicer beside very slow dial-up.

Thank you in advance.
PowerMac
join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA

PowerMac

Or you can stick with TWC

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by PowerMac:

Or you can stick with TWC

Well, I was adding another cheap line as a backup.
PowerMac
join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA

1 recommendation

PowerMac

Have you try checking out DSLextreme? They resell Verizon DSL. Couldn't hurt to try

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by PowerMac:

Have you try checking out DSLextreme? They resell Verizon DSL. Couldn't hurt to try

"It appears you do not qualify for our High-Speed DSL Service..."

wiggie116
Premium Member
join:2013-10-31
Pittsfield, MA

2 recommendations

wiggie116

Premium Member

DSLAM or CO might be oversold. There might be a waiting list. My mother in law is waiting for a cancelation to go through before she can get service..

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by wiggie116:

DSLAM or CO might be oversold. There might be a waiting list. My mother in law is waiting for a cancelation to go through before she can get service..

Ah, so I will have to keep checking.

wiggie116
Premium Member
join:2013-10-31
Pittsfield, MA
D-Link DSL-2750B
Actiontec GT784WN

2 edits

1 recommendation

wiggie116

Premium Member

I'm not 100% sure for your location, I don't know exactly how the process works. It's possible they don't offere DSL at your location anymore. She lives in the next town over and only ISP is Verizon.She told me that she was I put on a list and verizon would contact here when there was slot available. I would call in and ask, unfortunately you might get different answers. Try to post on Verizon Direct forum on dslr and see what happens! Good luck

Worst part of the story is, she had DSL on her EX husbands account for.Then he canceled the account and she went to sign up for new service and there was no service available.. They had service since the late 90s there..it was also Dry loop with no phone, which is not available anymore

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

2 recommendations

tschmidt to antdude

MVM

to antdude
said by antdude:

Are you checking on the web or talking to an rep? If you are using the web can't hurt to call, at worst you should be able to find out why service is not available. Best case may be something the rep is able to correct.

Most states are participating in the Federal broadband mapping project. There should be a web site listing providers in your area. There may be a CLEC that rents copper circuit but otherwise provides their own equipment, not just resell Verizon.

/tom

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

1 recommendation

antdude

Premium Member

said by tschmidt:

said by antdude:

Are you checking on the web or talking to an rep? If you are using the web can't hurt to call, at worst you should be able to find out why service is not available. Best case may be something the rep is able to correct.

Most states are participating in the Federal broadband mapping project. There should be a web site listing providers in your area. There may be a CLEC that rents copper circuit but otherwise provides their own equipment, not just resell Verizon.

/tom

Just web site and live chat. I did leave a direct message to Verizon people in the private subforum here. Hmmm, a web site? I'll have to look for it.