spc
Search similar:

uniqs

trickz
@23.233.113.x

trickz

Anon

High ping in Chatham (TPIA)

Hey, I'm on TPIA Cable and have been getting high pings after 8pm for over a week now. Wondering if it is a TPIA issue (pretty sure it is) or a Cogeco issue in the area.

I live in Chatham, ON. Was wondering if anyone on Cogeco in Chatham would be able to do a ping test some time after 8:30PM - 11pm. Around 8 is when it starts to increase and I think by 9PM it jumps to 100ms until 11PM or so.
I've been getting pings over 100ms when usually I get about 15-20.

Considering switching from my TPIA because of multiple problems and just curious if this is a widespread issue or not.
Thanks for any help!

Keaters
Premium Member
join:2007-07-25
Windsor, ON

Keaters

Premium Member

I am on Cogeco with the Ultimate 55 package and my pings are low and speeds are fine, with no problems....good question if it is a TPIA problem. Have you spoken to your TPIA?
jmarlatt2
join:2006-09-20
Chatham, ON

jmarlatt2

There is a thread started in the teksavvy forums, the problem was supposed to be fixed but it is not. I can also confirm that this only affects tpia customers, maybe only teksavvy customers as I haven't seen a complaint from start.ca customers.

Makes me wonder if Chatham is setup different for teksavvy since their head office is here and CCable through teksavvy was available in Chatham before they rolled it out elsewhere.