All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RouterRooter
join:2001-11-22
Rockville, MD

RouterRooter

[E-mail] E-mail servers slow/non-responsive?

Hey guys,

Anyone else having e-mail problems? Last several days when I try to send/receive the server will often take 10-20 seconds to authorize or just timeout. I have two e-mail accounts and two PCs and two e-mail clients and at times each has this problem, e.g., one account reads mail fine while other gets stuck at authorization. The ports and SSL stuff are as Comcast recommends and haven't changed lately. Since this comes and goes and happens with no common denominator on my end, assume it is a CC problem but saw no other reports. I'm in Montgomery County, MD.

Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

RR

THZNDUP
Deorum Offensa Diis Curae
Premium Member
join:2003-09-18
Lard

THZNDUP

Premium Member

The only 'quirk' logging in to webmail just now was an error logging in to two of my three email accounts. The account I logged into had no problems.

Webmail used to automatically log into those two accounts and update the new messages. The message update stopped working some time ago, I now manually have to get mail for those two accounts.

Just now it looked like the login to those accounts failed and the error msg wanted me to visit my logged in account's preferences, I assume the Email section. I just closed the error message and updated the two accounts messages manually.

Speed logging in seemed fine, except for me having to read the error message. Message retreval seemed about right. A forwarded message to another account sent/received about right.

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry to RouterRooter

Premium Member

to RouterRooter
said by RouterRooter:

Anyone else having e-mail problems?

I'm in Michigan and earlier today (around 6a to 11a), my email client wasn't able to send or receive. But it was quirky; on and off for about those 5 hours. Forgot what the WinMail errors indicated. I presumed it was some carry over from the usual Comcast "doing stuff" at the end of the month. All ok now.