All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
Wyngs
join:2010-02-20
Coos Bay, OR

Wyngs

Is Hughes at fault?

I registered at a PSP forum because I needed some help with the graphics program. Everything went smoothly until I posted my first topic. This is what I received.....

You have been permanently banned from this board.

Please contact the Board Administrator for more information.

A ban has been issued on your IP address.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

1 recommendation

gwalk

Premium Member

"Is Hughes at fault?"

In a manner of speaking .. and only because Hughes uses a proxy system to share IP address among users.

The real problem lays however with that forum in that they don't understand that not everyone has a dedicated static IP.

In the past some clown on Hughesnet caused an issued and they blocked the IP not realizing they were blocking hundreds if not thousands of potential users.

Best thing to do is try to contact the forum webmaster and explain you have a Hughesnet Satellite Internet connect and ask to have the IP ban lifted.
Because you have a dynamic IP rather than static you could try re-registering after a hard reboot of the modem (and router if equipped) or if you have a Gen4 try doing a MBX Reset followed by and immediate disable of web acceleration followed by an immediate re-enable of web acceleration.
This will force the system to chose a different web accelerator server from its approved list.
Wyngs
Coos Bay, OR

Wyngs

Thanks for the info, Gwalk. BTW, I found another suitable forum and the same thing happened. (sigh)

gwalk
Premium Member
join:2005-07-27
West Mich.

1 recommendation

gwalk

Premium Member

Yup, many have reported problems with email getting rejected due to IP blocking.
It is only going to take a few "infected" users and blocks of IP's get on the block list.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

1 recommendation

NormanS

MVM

Totally different from forum IP bans. A block on a dynamically assigned residential account IP address by mail exchangers should not prevent a residential account from sending email through an authorized mail server.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

chip89 to Wyngs

Premium Member

to Wyngs
You know we have a gaming & software.graphics form here. Just to let you know.
Wyngs
Coos Bay, OR

1 recommendation

Wyngs

I didn't know. Thank you.

chip89
Premium Member
join:2012-07-05
Columbia Station, OH

1 recommendation

chip89