spc
Search similar:

uniqs
swaredoc
join:2008-07-17
Alabaster, AL

swaredoc

Alabaster, AL - Local channels with DRM flags

I searched a couple of old threads on this forum about Charter adding the DRM flags to a lot of the local stations once they switched over to spectrum. When I record a tv shows from my local station with my HDHomerun Prime all of my recording have the DRM flag. I am unable to watch a recording located on a different computer because of this flag. Before they switched over to spectrum the only local station I had problem with because of the DRM flag was CBS. Now all the local stations except NBC and CBS have the DRM flag. CBS don't have the DRM flag but a lot of their prime time shows have the flag applied to them once they come on (Big Bang Theory, Person of Interest, etc).

For people in other areas have charter removed the DRM flag from your local stations? I wish Charter would remove the flag from the OTA channels. I do not want to have to purchase a HDHomerun dual in order to get around this problem.
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000

Call in and tell them, since, all channels should be 'copy-freely', except for premium channels like HBO or whatever.
RyC
join:2007-08-18
San Luis Obispo, CA

RyC to swaredoc

to swaredoc
I'm having the same issue in San Luis Obispo on Charter, they're working on getting it resolved, but it's taken several weeks and hasn't been fixed yet.
swaredoc
join:2008-07-17
Alabaster, AL

swaredoc

I just noticed today that Charter removed the DRM from FOX in my area. Hopefully they remove it from ABC and CW soon.