spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ffc user
join:2014-09-04
Trumbull, CT

ffc user

[CATV] Awful picture quality of all baseball games

I'm in Fairfield County, CT and am wondering if anyone else has really bad picture quality watching baseball. It's across all channels (whether YES, Fox 5 game of the week, playoffs on Fox Sports 1, etc...). The picture is generally 'hazy' and, on YES only, there is a lot of motion issues (like you might think of with a slower 60Hz tv), but it's not the tv it's clearly the channel because I never had these issues with DirecTV.

Any thoughts?
ffc user

ffc user

Bump. I continue to have an awful picture throughout the world series. anyone else have problems with baseball? thanks.

JimE
Premium Member
join:2003-06-11
Belleville, IL

JimE to ffc user

Premium Member

to ffc user
Is it affecting any other users in your area? Have you contacted Charter?

I've not had any recent issues, with any channels, much less just "baseball".
lizaphile
join:2007-06-18
Sheboygan, WI

lizaphile to ffc user

to ffc user
Fox is in 720p and from what I've seen, seems to use terrible cameras, which is why everything is so blurry. The local Fox-run RSN has a great picture, but I've never seen it well either on FS1 or the main Fox network itself with the national crews, which is painful since we have to deal with this through the rest of the decade. It's all on Fox's end, not the station or provider.

BlueMist
join:2011-01-24
Cookeville, TN

BlueMist to ffc user

to ffc user
I'm on Charter in Tennessee and it looks like I have the Fox Sports 1 in HD on the 824, and SD or lower on channels 309 and 38 as those two channels are displaying in the picture frame mode with the smaller screen and are kind of bleary and displays "artifacts" at times as the background moves. My HD channel on 824 is clear and sharp.

With the game showing up on two or three channels of various quality here I would ask when you had your system last scan for all available channels and have you looked for the same show on more than channel at the same time? If they all display the exact same inferior picture size/quality then possibly your local head end is trying to give you Fox Sports 1 on the cheap and just repeating the SD channel from the satellite feed, assuming they even know the difference.

According to this listing »tvlistings.aol.com/listi ··· 27_17X00 channel 763 (FS1HD) should be in HD on your system, channel 40 for SD or lower. If channel 763 is the problem channel then it sounds like it's time to complain to Carter.

mmainprize
join:2001-12-06
Houghton Lake, MI

mmainprize to ffc user

to ffc user
I have the same problem on Channel 780 here in my location. It is the HD version of CBS.

The picture quality is just crap unless it is a still picture then it is clear.

The problem is that the channel quality is downgraded some where before it is send to the cable box, either by compression or to many channels transmitted on the same old analog bandwidth slot.

It is sad that now i pay Charter $5 a month broadcast TV fee for the local channels and the quality is so bad, they no longer send the antenna signal over the cable as that was much better quality in the old days. If i could get the channels with a simple antenna and not pay the $5 fee i would.