uniqs

hally
Premium Member
join:2000-02-21
Long Beach, NY

hally

Premium Member

New Triple Play Total with taxes etc.

I am thinking about coming back to Optimum for the 84.95. I see the package which is fine with me, and the MDVR is for one year only. Does anyone know what the bill will come to as is?
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Customer service can give you a ball park on that. Depending on the State you are in, it could vary by a few buck either way.

Ilsno
@24.185.54.x

Ilsno to hally

Anon

to hally
Figure to add about 7 bucks for a digital box plus 10 dollars in taxes. I'd bet the final bill is slightly over $100 bucks. Personally, I'd ditch the Free DVR (don't use it and have no need to DVR things) and ask if they'd throw in the cable box free for a year instead.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw to hally

Premium Member

to hally
I just switched from Fios to Optimum and have an install this coming Wed. I went with the Silver package and will have the Multi Room DVR for one year and Ultra 50 plus one additional box and the guy told me that my total monthly bill will be, with taxes, $131.00. He also waived the porting telephone number fee of $40.00 for me. Now, my triple play price with Optimum is even less than the triple play I have been paying with Fios. Granted, I switched to Quantum in the middle of my triple play which increased the costs, but paying almost $23.00 a month just for the quantum service is just not worth it to me at this point. The guy at Optimum pretty much told me that I can always call in the 1 year mark and see if they will extend the multi room dvr waived fee for another year. Worst case, since there is no contract with Optimum and I'm not feeling the love, I can always switch back to Fios.
rick0204
join:2009-05-20
North Bergen, NJ

rick0204 to hally

to hally
Add $5.00 sports surcharge, $7.00 in taxes and fees and $7.00 per box. And $1.50 for channels on multiple boxes. So with one box the total would be $105.50, 2 boxes $112.50, etc.

Boooost
@24.190.186.x

Boooost to obeythelaw

Anon

to obeythelaw
said by obeythelaw:

He also waived the porting telephone number fee of $40.00 for me.

I didn't think that was possible. Are you paying an installation fee?

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC to hally

Premium Member

to hally
It depends where you live then that's how much tax you are charged. Some areas charge more tax some are less.

hally
Premium Member
join:2000-02-21
Long Beach, NY

hally to rick0204

Premium Member

to rick0204
WTF is a sports surcharge??? But thanks, have to decide it a $28 savings is worth the trouble at this point. If ABC and NBC go to pay along with CBS and HBO I may not need a TV plan at all, just internet soon!

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2

Optimum Value or Preferred not sure which and above include enough sports programming that they feel warrants charging $4.98 for the fact that sports are available.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by andrewc2:

Optimum Value or Preferred not sure which and above include enough sports programming that they feel warrants charging $4.98 for the fact that sports are available.

Exactly, whether you want it or not. It's mandatory. And because it's mandatory it should be part of the quoted price....

ESPN charges so damn much to the cable companies, who simply pass the extortion along to us.

Over each 5 years you will pay $ 300.00 sports surcharge to Optimum, which they give to ESPN, who gives it to the corrupt NFL and their criminal players.