spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tivoNYC
join:2013-11-07
New York, NY

tivoNYC

[APP] We're sorry but RCN does not currently have access to FXNOW

Just got an AppleTV and noticed the FXNOW app can't be activated by RCN customers. Is this coming in the future? It would be nice not to have to TiVo all the FX network series I watch.

machpost
join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC

machpost

I find it odd that the Fox Now app on the Apple TV can be activated through RCN, but not the FX app. And since they seem to share authentication credentials on the Apple TV, after you've activated the Fox app, the FX app gets all confused and won't work at all.
machpost

machpost to tivoNYC

to tivoNYC
I just noticed that RCN customers now have access to the FXNow app, along with Simpsons World.

I'm not sure when these were added, but access to NatGeo and Tennis Channel via TV Everywhere login have also become available recently. Still holding out for Fox Sports Go.
E512N
join:2007-05-22
Chicago, IL

E512N

Can you successfully access Simpsons World? I keep getting errors like "IT APPEARS THAT YOUR RCN SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT INCLUDE FXX" or the equivalent after signing in w/ my RCN credentials.

machpost
join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC

machpost

said by E512N:

Can you successfully access Simpsons World? I keep getting errors like "IT APPEARS THAT YOUR RCN SUBSCRIPTION DOES NOT INCLUDE FXX" or the equivalent after signing in w/ my RCN credentials.

Yeah, it all seems to be working fine for me. I can even access the live streams of FX, FXX and FXM. Maybe they aren't finished sorting everything out, since they haven't made any sort of announcement about it yet.