spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cdunnman
join:2014-01-09

cdunnman

Sprint is doing dirty on not unlocking my iphone 5s n they passing the blame

I deleted the names but this why sprint said

Sprint is in receipt of the above-referenced complaint of .   We appreciate your assistance in bringing our customers’ concerns to our attention.  We apologize for any inconvenience this matter may have caused her.  According to the information provided in Ms. complaint, she is requesting the unlock code for her Apple iPhone 5S.
Ms. has requested clarification regarding Sprint’s unlocking policies and requests that Sprint ‘unlock’ the Apple iPhone 5S device purchased.  She has indicated that she would like the ability to activate the device on a different domestic carrier network, other than Sprint.  "Unlocking" a device refers only to disabling software that would prevent a consumer from attempting to activate a device designed for one carrier's network on another carrier's network, even if that network is technologically compatible.
The Apple iPhone 5S device sold for use on Sprint's network is designed with an external SIM slot and is sold with a SIM card to operate on Sprint's network.  The device is not enabled for use on a different domestic carrier’s network by inserting that carrier's SIM card because the Sprint-specific CDMA requirements are hardcoded in the firmware of the device and downloaded for operation on Sprint’s network and specific frequencies.  This is true even within Sprint’s network, for instance between Sprint and Virgin Mobile.  The device was not engineered as a universal DOMESTIC device. The SIM can be enabled for international use through a process that Sprint initiates with the manufacturer, after qualifying an account, so the device will accept an international GSM SIM card and operate on certain international GSM networks.   
The Apple iPhone 5S is programmed with a Master Subsidy Lock (MSL) that locks certain device parameters and optimizes its operations and network interactions.  Sprint is happy to provide the MSL code for account holders, former and current, in good standing and after the fulfillment of the applicable postpaid service agreement, device financing plan or payment of an applicable Early Termination Fee.  With the MSL code to reset the device parameters, these devices may potentially be reprogrammed for use on a domestic carrier’s CDMA 3G network; although, all of the functionality of the device may not operate well or at all because of incompatibility issues unrelated to locking. 
Respectfully, we request that Ms. complaint be redirected to Apple for handling.  Additionally, we request that the BBB’s records be updated accordingly.

if this in the wrong section i am sorry, I might have to trade it in to tmobile, or sale it on ebay, but I should not have to do that. Sprint should just tell apple to unlock the phone
harald
join:2010-10-22
Columbus, OH

harald

Have you fulfilled your contractual obligations to Sprint? Sounds like they think you haven't.

The 5S was just introduced 13 months ago. If you haven't paid an early termination fee the phone is still theirs.
cdunnman

cdunnman

They cancel my service,, because they said they was no towers here, so they cancel it on there end
pensioner
Premium Member
join:2005-02-20
Gulfport, MS

pensioner

Premium Member

back on 1 Oct in another of your threads you said that Sprint unlocked it ?
cdunnman

cdunnman

i thought they did but now they back off they told me 2 difference things
cdunnman

cdunnman

see the msl code is 000000 but the execetive of cs relations gave me another code to put in and that person said it would work but it never did
chris92
join:2008-09-20
Coal Valley, IL

chris92

Click for full size
Try looking under "About my Devices" when you login online to your Sprint Account

I have a no contract plan, so it may be different if you are in a contract, but there is a place where I can get my unlock code for my phone.

dib22
join:2002-01-27
Kansas City, MO

dib22 to cdunnman

to cdunnman
oh my look at this black magic... that is just amazing isn't it

»www.sprint.com/legal/unl ··· icy.html

Might give it another try on the 20th or 21st and see how it goes... but it surely is magic since it was impossible before the 19th
tdumaine
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14
Seattle, WA

tdumaine to cdunnman

Premium Member

to cdunnman
P.S. There is no msl code for iphones. its an imei submitted by sprint to apple to add it to the whitelist (unlocked list)