All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

OshawaDaemon
@70.24.112.x

OshawaDaemon

Anon

[Internet] Bell Fibe Pair Bonding 50/10 x 2???

I just upgraded my modem from a Sagemcom 2864 to a Home Hub 2000. I was getting 50/10 on one line with the Sagemcom 2864. As soon as I saw there were plugs for TWO incoming POTS lines I knew pair bonding was available. Google was my friend and confirmed it.

Now I am wondering: can I get a second Fibe 50/10 account and have what is, effectively, 100/20?

I have very recently purchased an ASUS RT-AC68U router (»www.asus.com/ca-en/Netwo ··· RTAC68U/). The reason for upgrade to HH2000 was so I could PPPoE @ 50/10 with this router - the Sagemcom 2864 could not do PPPoE passthrough over 30ish Mbps down for anybody it seems while the HH2000 has no problems.

So alternatively: Something this router can do is dual WAN in either load balancing or failover configuration. Would getting two 50/10 accounts, two 50/10 modems and load balance them do better/similar/worse/nowhere near a potential pair bond? This sounds more appealing because then I could have the router do both PPPoE instead of having to be behind the HH2000...

What do you think?

joeblow3
join:2000-12-27
h0h0h0

joeblow3

Dual WAN...where does the specs says that this router does dual WAN?

Nitra
join:2011-09-15
Montreal

Nitra

Even the AC66u supports dual wan.

However, you won't get 100/20, that's not how dual wan works, it's round robin.

Micha3615
join:2004-08-21
Edmundston, NB

Micha3615 to OshawaDaemon

to OshawaDaemon
I have the same router and it's dual wan even on the spec pages it mentions this under the section Robust Control and optimization with asuswrt.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

1 recommendation

JC_ to OshawaDaemon

Premium Member

to OshawaDaemon
That's not how Bell's current pair bonding offering works, you can't get pair bonding to get 100/20; Bell only offers pair bonding to customers with Fibe TV.

To qualify for pair bonding you need to meet one of the following criteria;
1. Distance issues from the DSL equipment and ar unable to achieve a stable service on a single pair.

2. You want 50/10 + Fibe TV and are unable to achieve the nescasary speed on a signle pair

3. You're connected to DSL equipment that won't support 50/10 + Fibe TV on a signle pair.

OshawaDaemon
@174.88.169.x

OshawaDaemon

Anon

Thank you, everybody, for your answers. I obviously misunderstood how dual WAN works on the router side. As for the pair bonding, I have Fibe TV but I am fortunate enough to be in an area where 50/10 + Fibe TV are able to be delivered on a single pair.

Now I have a new adventure - I have the Home Hub 2000 and the aforementioned ASUS router. The ASUS router is set up to get a PPPoE session on its own and is connected HH2000 LAN1 -> ASUS WAN. It works, but I am able to go to 192.168.1.1 and access ASUS router page as well as 192.168.2.1 and access the HH2000 web interface. With the 2864 Connection Hub I upgraded from, using a D-Link DIR855 router, I could never (nor did I want to) access the Bell equipment - it was a completely separate network. I am probably better to make an account and post a new thread in the appropriate area though, no?

Anyhow, thanks again. I feel more educated from your help, and I suppose to get faster speeds (175 I think) I will have to hope that Bell is telling the truth when they say FTTH is coming to my area in the next 2-3 years. I shan't hold my breath, though. It would be nice, but I am thankful for what I have.
deadtorights
join:2011-01-27

deadtorights to OshawaDaemon

to OshawaDaemon
Anyone know what happen if you upgrade your bell fibe internet to fibe 50 with pair bon (i have fibe TV) and free Home hub and then downgrade to fibe 25?

Do i keep the home hub modem?

Thanks!
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

The pair bond will be removed. You will probably keep the hh2k modem.