Search similar:

uniqs
Somboy
join:2003-04-04
Somerville, MA

1 edit

Somboy

[TiVo] TV channels not authorized after cable card installed

I'm in the Boston area (Somerville) and started RCN service yesterday. I have a retail Roamio basic that was working well with Comcast, but after a tech installed a Motorola cable card nearly every TV channel is not authorized (V58). (A few city channels do work.)

In the Conditional Access screen the Auth field reads MP, and the TiVo help indicates this flags an error.

In the Network Setup screen the VCTID and OOB Msgs fields seem okay, and the signal levels on several channels vary from the mid 80s to the mid 90s, also okay.

After a couple of attempts to resolve the problem with phone tech support, there has been no progress. I've repeated pairing the cable card, and I've reseated it and also power-cycled the TiVo.

It seems possible that my problem might be similar to this:
»[TiVo] CableCard RCN unable to pair/authorize channels

I'd really appreciate any help or advice.

Encoded Mac: 7acaa2720b8bc11584a7fbd1acdee615145ca084

TiVo information
Model: TCD846500
TSN: 846-001-902B-CAC7
MAC 1: 0011D95F7BBE
Mac 2: 0011D955756E
Somboy

Somboy

This problem is now resolved. I spoke on the phone to a field tech who was about to come to the house, and he got the central office to do something that fixed the problem remotely.

As I kept refreshing the Conditional Access screen, I finally saw the "Auth" field display "S" instead of "MP". After that, and another Guided Setup and a couple of connections to TiVo, I am getting all the channels that I expected.