spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sparek
join:2002-06-10
united state

sparek

New Drop Install Time

How long does it typically take to get AT&T to come out and run a drop from the pedestal to the home?

Someone I know built a house about 5 years ago. They were using cellphones for phone service and did not bother getting AT&T to run a drop to their house. Now Uverse Internet is available down this road and they would like to get it. But they don't have a landline drop installed at their house. They're suppose to have a work order in so that AT&T will come and run a drop, but that has been over a month now and still no drop.

I'm just wondering if this is typical. Is there a special number that can be called to expedite the process? I did not anticipate this being a quick process, but I also didn't think it would take this long. I bet it's getting close to 6 weeks since the work order was first put through. I believe they have a number or work order number for this, it just hasn't been processed yet.

Lawler
@70.195.197.x

Lawler

Anon

Buried drop is supposed to be 7-10 business days. Either the ticket wasn't put in or got lost in the shuffle. If they order the service and have a tech come out they can run a temporary drop to get the service up and put in a new ticket to have it buried.

Nixxs
@144.160.5.x

Nixxs to sparek

Anon

to sparek
They would not just bury a new line without a service order. If they were to order service the tech would place a temp drop to establish the service and then put a buried drop request in after the service is installed
sparek
united state

sparek

Perhaps they have done the wrong thing.

I'm not really sure what they have done. They tried to call and order Uverse, but they were told that Uverse is not available at their address (they even told them that basic phone service wasn't available for them). They talked to a service tech that was working on that road and he said it was available. I'm not sure if he gave them a number to call to get a drop ordered or where they got that information. I figured a drop had to be installed first and that is why their location is not showing as having Uverse available. The tech told them that engineering (?) would have to come out and run the line and the drop and then he could come back and put in the Uverse.

Do they need to call and put in an order for Uverse? What do they tell them when the CSR tells them that Uverse is not available at their location?

I'll have to talk to them and find out more about what they have done. Something appears to be wrong, because it shouldn't be taking this long.

Pegasus
Premium Member
join:2008-01-04
united state

Pegasus

Premium Member

If the CSR's are reporting an unserviceable address it sounds like they need to request a site survey.
sparek
united state

sparek

Is that the keyword to use? "Site Survey"

I'm sure the address can get Uverse. I can't say for sure that there are any available ports, although I don't think there are many people in that area that have Uverse (because AT&T doesn't seem to know if it's available or not) so I don't think getting a port will be an issue.

Is there a fee to do a "site survey"?

There's at least one service tech that knows it's available in that area. But I'm not sure if what the service techs know matches up with what AT&T's CSRs have in their database.
Expand your moderator at work

Pegasus
Premium Member
join:2008-01-04
united state

Pegasus to sparek

Premium Member

to sparek

Re: New Drop Install Time

said by sparek:

s that the keyword to use? "Site Survey"

I'm sure the address can get Uverse. I can't say for sure that there are any available ports, although I don't think there are many people in that area that have Uverse (because AT&T doesn't seem to know if it's available or not) so I don't think getting a port will be an issue.

Is there a fee to do a "site survey"?

There's at least one service tech that knows it's available in that area. But I'm not sure if what the service techs know matches up with what AT&T's CSRs have in their database.

As far as a keyword i would say yes to "Site survey" both TWC & Frontier called it just that when i was employed by them. if that fails you could also ask something like this.... "can you please help me get in touch with the engineering department" and if you get there they will know how to help you.

Ive never heard of a charge for a site survey.. but you can never be too sure with AT&T. they would charge you every time you uttered the name AT&T if they could. but i doubt they charge for a survey.

Its very common across all telco's, telephone and cable alike to have outdated servicing databases. its just one of those things.

since the tech's have confirmed with you that service is indeed available than most likely whats gonna happen is your going to request a site survey. its gonna fall into the lap of engineering... engineering is hopefully gonna know pretty quick that service is indeed available & the ball will start rolling that way.

There really isnt a magic number for you to get a hold of engineering. what your gonna have to do is try to fight your way through CSR hell to get what you want or talk to another tech on the street and get a number of his area manager. Once again cant say how AT&T does things i never worked there but that's generally how it works in my telco experience.

Just remember persistence is key.