All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JohnM
join:2014-04-09

JohnM

(3) recognized problems with Fioptics ZTE DVR recordings

1. Show does not record. "Recorded History" listing on the ZTE box has the detail "Not recorded due to system not available at time recording"

2. Recorded shows randomly start over at the beginning when playing them

3. Recorded shows freeze, or pause while playing, requiring hitting the fast forward to start the show up

Cincinnati Bell's help desk said "Yes we know about these problems, other people have them, we're working on a software fix, can't tell you when".
pantoni
join:2013-07-19
Cincinnati, OH

pantoni

#1 Never had that happen, but I have many "Record Series" never record a show (i.e., Bengals Weekly). And every time I try to instruct it to do so, I get the message that it's already set.

#2 YES! Ugh!

#3 Yep, but I use the 30 second rewind so I do not miss anything.

My date is July 22, 2015, the day DirecTV considers me a new customer.
JohnM

JohnM

The ZTE DVR box is a piece of junk, in my opinion. I believe they (Cincinnati Bell) bought the cheapest Chinese box available, and it shows.

dcurrey
Premium Member
join:2004-06-29
Mason, OH

dcurrey to JohnM

Premium Member

to JohnM
1. Never had it not say "Not recorded due to system not available" I have noticed it missed a couple. One show first 10 minutes was missing.

2. This just started showing up in last couple of weeks for me.

3. I have always seen a few minor skips and or pauses on DVR (and live tv for that matter) but I have yet to have to use remote to correct them.
JohnM

JohnM

I rarely get shows that don't record anymore. This was fixed by keeping the DVR box on all the time. This is not a good solution, because the box should be able to do recordings with it off.

Menu-My Recordings-Manage Recordings-Recorded History is where you will see "Not recorded due to system not available". This error message is what was showing up on shows where the DVR box was off, and the recording did not work.

P3wnd
@74.215.97.x

P3wnd

Anon

Update happened. Still issues?
PW3ND
join:2014-12-06
Cincinnati, OH

PW3ND to JohnM

to JohnM
Are you still having these identified issues?
JohnM

JohnM

I noticed there was an update when I just rebooted my dvr box last night. I have to reboot manually since the updates only come, so I've been told, when the box is off. It's a shame that Cincinnati Bell does not tell you what the update is for in the email that appears on the boxes. Maybe this info is somewhere else.

In any case, I'll be looking closely at those three issues and anything else in DVR land on the ZTE box, assuming the update was a fix for dvr problems.
PW3ND
join:2014-12-06
Cincinnati, OH

PW3ND

Updates will occur regardless of set top condition, even in "standby" mode.

Curious what you find about the three mentioned conditions.
JohnM

JohnM

One of the high powered Cincinnati Bell technicians told me that updates do not occur unless the DVR box is off. I've been keeping my box on because that has fixed the shows not recording condition for me.

It appears as if the starting over condition may be fixed.
We did not see the freezing condition in the past two days