All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
songsearch
join:2009-03-27

songsearch

341U Modem?

Anyone here using the 341U yet? Any good reception results with a MIMO antenna setup?

xrayman
join:2008-12-09
Kansas City

xrayman

Yes, very good results.
songsearch

songsearch

Do you have two antennas hooked up separately to the ports, or are you using the 'Y' pigtail into one antenna?

xrayman
Kansas City

xrayman to songsearch

to songsearch
Yes and Yes.
I have used the Y pigtail and with two separate antennas. On band 41, a converted Clear tower.
Come springtime I have plans to turn the two 24 db grid antennas +- 45 degrees for better separation.
songsearch

songsearch

Sorry, Xray, I'm a little confused. The 'Y' pigtail (with plugs for the two separate antenna ports on the modem) is spliced into one cable connector, which can only be connected to one antenna to feed the modem, unless I'm doing something wrong. Could you elaborate a bit?

xrayman
Kansas City

xrayman

I have used the Y pigtail with one antenna and have used two antennas with separate antenna cables. Thus the answer is Yes and Yes.
mad monk
join:2007-11-02
usa east coa

mad monk to songsearch

to songsearch
yes for the "Y" cable, you will need it at a minimum. using 30ft LMR400 to external wilson flat panel. works great!
rb5505
join:2013-02-06
united state

rb5505 to songsearch

to songsearch
Will this work with and potentially improve the signal on the 341U modem?

»www.amazon.com/Netgear-6 ··· -9579752
songsearch

songsearch

Suggest you read the Amazon reviews. It depends on several different factors, all are addressed in the reviews.
Expand your moderator at work