All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
amd64now
join:2007-04-01
canada

amd64now

[Other] CircleNet outbound Canadian CNAM support?

As per subject, does CircleNet support CNAM Canadian outbound delivery?. I have just signed up to try and am waiting for validation but would like to hear if some calls indeed support name and number from Canada to Canada numbers.
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere

It works for me, my number gets passed.

That said, I believe I used to be able to set the name and number to whatever I wanted but this is no longer the case. My DID number is what gets passed. But, I may be mistaken... it's possible that I was never able to do it and I'm thinking back to when I was using voip.ms.

I liked being able to pass my work number / name when I made calls from my home office but I can live without it for the cheap rates.

sammoats
Premium Member
join:2014-02-16
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

Hi Iamhere! We can do it either way, when we add a DID we normally set that as the outgoing callerID to make sure 911 works. If you want we can undo that setting, just open a ticket with us. One word of caution however, if we do this and we do not get the CallerID that matches your DID passed on the 911 call we won't be able to connect it.
Sam
sammoats

sammoats to amd64now

Premium Member

to amd64now
Yes we do, it isn't 100% but it's close.
Sam

Alittlegreen
join:2008-07-24
Montreal, QC

Alittlegreen to amd64now

to amd64now
been using them for our outbound calling since before the offered Canadian DIDs. I can attest to their ability to pass through CNAM. Not a single CNAM failure since we've signed up.
amd64now
canada

2 edits

amd64now to sammoats

to sammoats
It worked to a test number I tried. However, I have some concerns to the default caller id number which is the account number.

In my case, that number displayed could be someones wireless number in Quebec. Maybe future account numbers can be created not to match valid telephone numbers to avoid this situation.

For example, with CallCentric, they use a 1777 and it is internally usable on Callcentric and does avoid this situation if you do not have a DID to change outbound display.
iamhere
canada

iamhere

amd64now, can you not just pass the value you that you would like displayed?
amd64now
canada

amd64now

I can add my number to be displayed as you previously mentioned. However, I am just highlighting a suggestion as someone whom simply setup an account to test and was surprised with the default caller id number. Unless, of course, CircleNet owns the number in Quebec!!. I list the account number in AuthUserName on the obi202 which gets passed.
iamhere
canada

iamhere

Yea, I noticed the same thing in my initial testing and I've always passed my own value since then.

I don't think this is uncommon as voip.ms would also pass my account number when I didn't set a value myself.

BTW, (noticing you are from Orleans) CircleNet has had my Riverside South DID since this summer and it's been smooth sailing. The port was painless, the quality of calls is great and the price is tough to beat!
amd64now
canada

amd64now

Actually, I really don't see a section to add an outbound DID to be my caller id number. I see option of "DID" with "add phone number to DID". This more looks like placing a call. Then I see "add caller id" which the description makes me think it is DISA.

Maybe a PBX would be more suitable for CircleNet.
iamhere
canada

iamhere

I've only ever used it with a PBX.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to amd64now

to amd64now
Some ATAs have a separate Username and Authentication name for the SIP settings. In that case, the Username is the CID you want to send, and the Authentication name is the actual SIP account.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats to amd64now

Premium Member

to amd64now
amd64now,
There is an alternate way to set your outbound callerID. Click on the "add CallerID" option in the customer portal and add a 10 digit number there. Any calls made through your account without a valid callerID will then use this number. This is the method that we recommend for customers with ATA devices that have trouble sending caller ID numbers. Even if you use this override setting the Canadian CNAM pass through will still work.

Sam
amd64now
canada

amd64now

Hi Sam,

I put my number in "add CallerID", did test calls and my number would show but the name display was the number also.

Removed my phone number and retested and name will then again be delivered with my CircleNet account number. Tried two different numbers with different providers with same results. My calls do show my name in CallerID name on CircleNet call history.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

Interesting, please open a ticket with us and let me know what the name/number combination that you would like to appear and we'll get it all setup on this end. That way the proper name and number appear regardless of what the ATA sends.

Thanks,
Sam
iamhere
canada

iamhere

Hi Sam,

I am now able to set my number but as amd64now says, the name is the same as the number that I pass.

I don't really care since the number is what I wanted but maybe it's a problem on your end?

Cheers.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

Could be we'll look into it, in the meantime send me the name you'd like and the number via a ticket and I'll set it manually on our side.
iamhere
canada

iamhere

Having the name = the number is fine by me.

If it starts to work down the line then fine, if not I'm perfectly content with that too!

Thanks for your time.
MacrossFreek
join:2001-03-26
Toronto, ON

MacrossFreek to amd64now

to amd64now
I'm currently trying to test this out but haven't had a ton of luck yet setting this up on an obi100 in the way I want.

I want to be able to control both the name and number on the outbound call.

Scenarios I tested:

1. With no caller id added to the circlenet portal, I can pass a name through fine but the number shows as the account number (I'm not sure if it's the obi100 or circlenet doing this. Maybe the obi100 is using the auth user id as the caller id number and circlenet is just passing through).

2. With a caller id added in the circlenet portal, the same number is sent for both caller name and number. Any setting from the obi100 seems to get overwritten by whatever is set in the circlenet portal caller id for both name and number.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

Stewart

Just a guess here, with no caller ID added to the CircleNet portal, try setting X_SpoofCallerID and putting the desired caller ID number in the OutboundCallRoute, e.g. {(Mpli):sp1(14162345678>$2)}
MacrossFreek
Toronto, ON

1 edit

MacrossFreek

UPDATE:

Progress but different problems now.

I got my SP2 to start working so here are the new configurations I'm using for OutboundCallRoute:
"{(Msp2):sp2(XXXXXXXXXX>$2)}"

However, this seems to cause 403 errors when dialing out but
"{(Msp2):sp2}"

seems to work fine (but doesn't achieve what I want).

---------------------------------------------------

OLD:

Didn't seem to work. Still getting the proper name but account number is showing as the number.

My setup is I have specified circlenet as voice gateway #1 (I can't seem to get circlenet to work on an SPx setting in the obi100 but that's a separate issue). I'm using circlenet strictly as outbound (I do not have a DID with circlenet).

The first item in my OutboundCallRoute is "{(Mvg1):vg1(XXXXXXXXXX>$2)}" where is the X's are replaced with the number I want shown (without the double quotes in the actual field).

In the AccessNumber field, I have "sp2(outbound.circlenet.us)" which seems to be passing the SP2 definition of CallerIDName and passing that correctly during the outbound call (again without the double quotes).

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

Hello MacrossFreek,
I think I can help. Many of our customers don't want to deal with setting callerID in their devices or the devices themselves aren't able to pass us callerID data. So we try to clean that data up when we get it and re-write it with a callerID based on the numbers in the portal. This might be causing you trouble. There are two things I can do.

1. We here at CircleNet can set the outbound callerID name and number to anything you'd like on our side. Just open a ticket and let us know what you 'd like. (This is the most popular fix for customers with ATA adapters)

2. We can turn off this callerID re-write and accept whatever your device sends for both caller ID number and name. Again just open a ticket if you need us to do that also. (This is what our PBX users normally do).

Sam
MacrossFreek
Toronto, ON

MacrossFreek

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the information.

About your second point, is that not the default behavior if no Caller ID numbers are added in the portal? That was my assumption because of how I was able to modify the Caller Name from my side (unless you guys are overwriting the passed in Caller ID number with the account number by default).

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

sammoats

Premium Member

No problem,
The second option isn't the default, by default we do rewrite the passed callerID. We get LOTS of variation from user devices and some of our upstreams reject invalid callerIDs. So by default if there isn't any callerID specified in the portal the system uses the account #. (I'm considering changing this).

I think for a user like yourself disabling this function would make sense. Please open a ticket so we make sure we have the proper account and we'll get it done.

Sam
Stewart

Stewart to MacrossFreek

to MacrossFreek
said by MacrossFreek:

I got my SP2 to start working so here are the new configurations I'm using for OutboundCallRoute:
"{(Msp2):sp2(XXXXXXXXXX>$2)}"

However, this seems to cause 403 errors when dialing out ...

Sorry for the misinformation. On the OBi110, it seems that X_SpoofCallerID always puts the caller ID in the From header, which will fail with providers such as CircleNet that require the account number there.

Having Sam set it on the server side is the easy solution, if a static setting will work for you. If you need to show different names and/or numbers dynamically, e.g. personal vs. business, we can try to find a workaround.

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to sammoats

Premium Member

to sammoats
said by sammoats:

I think for a user like yourself disabling this function would make sense. Please open a ticket so we make sure we have the proper account and we'll get it done.

said by Stewart:

Having Sam set it on the server side is the easy solution, if a static setting will work for you. If you need to show different names and/or numbers dynamically, e.g. personal vs. business, we can try to find a workaround.

If the From must contain the account number, would CircleNet prefer the CallerID be in the P-Asserted-Identity, the Remote-Party-ID, or somewhere else?
Stewart

1 recommendation

Stewart

said by arpawocky:

If the From must contain the account number, would CircleNet prefer the CallerID be in the P-Asserted-Identity, the Remote-Party-ID, or somewhere else?

Per CircleNet instructions, my FreePBX settings have:
fromuser=xxxxxxxxxx (account number)
trustrpid=yes
sendrpid=yes

are otherwise vanilla, and work fine.
MacrossFreek
Toronto, ON

MacrossFreek to Stewart

to Stewart
Not sure if I have enough flexibility with the obi100 to do what I want then. My preference would be for circlenet to not overwrite the name with the caller id number from the portal but I can understand the simplicity to that.
Stewart

Stewart

said by MacrossFreek:

Not sure if I have enough flexibility with the obi100 to do what I want then.

You didn't say exactly what you want.

If you need only one name and number, Sam offered to set that up for you.

If you need two, you could use two accounts, though you'll probably have the hassle of funding them separately. Possibly, they can be tied together.

If you need arbitrary, e.g. to forward calls with the original caller's name and number correctly passed, you'll likely either need to put a PBX in the path, or choose another provider.

sammoats
Premium Member
Winchester, VA

1 edit

sammoats to MacrossFreek

Premium Member

to MacrossFreek
I'm curious what are you looking to do? If you can provide us with more info myself or someone else here might be able to help.

Also I see your ticket and we've removed the rewriting from your account it's now configured in the way that we setup PBX users. Please let me know if it works out for you.

Sam