spc
Search similar:

uniqs
n0aaa
join:2011-12-19
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

Strikingly slow and variable internet last 24 hours in 52314

Had been having wifi difficulties, but techs came by and seemed to have fixed that. Since Sunday morning it has been quite difficult to watch videos through the router and speed tests are incredibly variable, including speed spikes in the upload (11 Mb), which I've never seen beforel Something different is clearly going on (nr Cedar Rapids).

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

noaaa, when you see the speed variations, how are you connected? I am not seeing any issues in the area you are in at this time.
n0aaa
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

Directly through the router (CISCO DPC3825). Presently 28.5M down/2.1 or so up, but fluctuating, which is unusual for here. Yesterday was not bad, but it is variable again this morning. Tnx reply.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The speeds you are currently getting are correct for your service level. If the speed variances continue, followup with me here.
n0aaa
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

Chad - Yesterday and now, Tuesday morning, staggering along. Slow and intermittent. Cannot watch videos. (had been okay most of the time since my initial post, above).

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

When you are having the issues with the videos, do you see any issues with sites loading?
n0aaa
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

Takes a while for sites to load, dial-up speeds overall (connected direct to router).
n0aaa

n0aaa

Really terrible day, performance-wise, but by 5 p.m. things seem to be back to normal, again able to watch videos, normal speed-test results.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

It looks as though the Downstream RX on 4 channels is reporting out of range, and I am not seeing this, or anything else as an issue in the area. If this continues, please contact me when this is occurring and I will monitor it live.
n0aaa
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

Forum seems to have changed my password. Bad day at the end of a bad week. Even when speeds good, performance bad. Works at times, but very irregular speeds and throughput all week. Today especially bad.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Thanks for following up with me here. I'm showing all the signal levels are currently within range. Could you directly connect one computer to the modem and retest the speeds? Once you run those speed tests from speedtest.net could you reply the with URL of the results?
n0aaa
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

Ping 20 ms / 27/2+ Mbps and steady. Watched a couple of videos on HD (best test) through the modem. Did not see a unique URL. Lemme know how to produce results that are useful to you and which variables matter. Don't mind learning something new. Appreciate your attention. This is splendid when it works, but have had a couple of bad periods recently. Thanks for the help.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

1 edit

thedragonmas

Premium Member

said by n0aaa:

Did not see a unique URL.

depends on who your using for the test, but they all almost all ways have a way to "post results" if its speedtest.net youd find it...

(2014-12-05 07_37_27-Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.jpg)

clicking "share this result" gets you this.

(2014-12-05 07_37_54-Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test.jpg)

juse use the "web" tab which gets you a URL like this that you post

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 61781930

EDIT: i forgot to mention, if you create an account with speedtest, you can post a url to previous test results, like this »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 97&ria=0
n0aaa
Mount Vernon, IA

n0aaa

Thanks. I've been using Speedtest for years, but never figured out how to post results. I'll try again (and your results are about what I'm used to seeing). Been good since the weekend. Last week and weekend before last were horrible and inconsistent. Thanks for the response.
n0aaa

n0aaa

After a long run of good service, morning of January 15, and very early January 17 to now, broadband is staggering along when working at all. Really bad. Hard to watch videos. Variable. Not sure what is going on, but wild departure from normal.
n0aaa

n0aaa

Used to getting 55Mbps down/6Mbps up -- just not about 2/.2! Is this widespread? Affecting TV also?
n0aaa

n0aaa

Connected directly to the modem/router (I've reset everything every way I know how).
n0aaa

n0aaa to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Connected directly to the router/modem (Cisco DPC3825). Reset it once, unplugged it once...about 1/50th speed now.
n0aaa

n0aaa

Reset 3:30 p.m., broadband back to normal after about 12 hours (been good last couple of months). Thanks @MediacomSupport on Twitter.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I apologize for the delayed response. I am glad that you found assistance with the twitter team. Let me know if you need further assistance.