All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jmcgeejr
join:2000-05-15
Kirkland, WA

jmcgeejr

[FiOS] Usual Slowless has extended into the next day???

Last night my usual nightime slowness was at an all time high, around 7pm it went to 1/40 from my usual 35/40, and it hasnt fixed itself this morning like it usually does, I am only getting about 5/40, this is kirkland, anyone else noticing this?
atigerman
join:2002-01-19
Tigerton, WI

atigerman

I've always wondered, why the down stream is affected and not the up stream during nights of congestion.....
EdmondsFios
join:2010-09-02
Edmonds, WA

EdmondsFios to jmcgeejr

to jmcgeejr
I am in Edmonds and my usual 25/29 is currently 7/26. This is the first time I have experienced high latency and generally unsatisfactory speeds. My question is "how is it possible to have congestion using an all fiber system?"
MukilteoFiOS
join:2014-11-19
Mukilteo, WA

MukilteoFiOS

Up here in Mukilteo/Everett... same issues. Every night, 25/10 becomes 10/10 (or worse) somewhere around 7-8pm. Upload stays good. Pings are good. No packet loss to speak of. But, download speed crashes hard.
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

54761437 (banned) to EdmondsFios

to EdmondsFios
said by EdmondsFios:

I am in Edmonds and my usual 25/29 is currently 7/26. This is the first time I have experienced high latency and generally unsatisfactory speeds. My question is "how is it possible to have congestion using an all fiber system?"

As far as I know, the same limited backhaul problems that plague DSL customers can also affect fiber users. If they've oversold their service and don't have necessary backhaul into your local central office, you're going to see peak-time bandwidth degradation. So, I'm guessing this is, once again, a direct result of Frontier failing to keep up with demand.

ORFIOS
@192.183.199.x

ORFIOS to MukilteoFiOS

Anon

to MukilteoFiOS
Out of curiosity, why does it always seem to be WA folks having this issue? I typically don't see as many Oregon or other FIOS areas stating this.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

WA capacity can't keep up with demand and to date, OR can. Don't expect that to always be the case in OR however, if Frontier continues to run true to form.

McPolygon
join:2013-11-25
Bonney Lake, WA

1 edit

McPolygon to ORFIOS

to ORFIOS
From what I have been told by field techs and several customer service agents is that the congestion in the area should be resolved by the end of Q4.
wasvznowftr
join:2010-07-13

wasvznowftr to ORFIOS

to ORFIOS
said by ORFIOS :

Out of curiosity, why does it always seem to be WA folks having this issue? I typically don't see as many Oregon or other FIOS areas stating this.

Especially since all internet traffic Oregon routes through WA.
Nialis
join:2003-09-24
Franklin, NC

Nialis to McPolygon

to McPolygon
I have been hearing this very thing for years... upgrades coming soon! just a couple more months! Still near dialup speeds during prime time with pings worse than satellite.
n2ubp
join:2007-07-13
Middletown, NY

n2ubp to McPolygon

to McPolygon
Q4 of which year ???

McPolygon
join:2013-11-25
Bonney Lake, WA
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD
MikroTik RB4011

1 edit

McPolygon to Nialis

to Nialis
This isn't a system wide Q4 2014 congestion relief target. I don't think any ISP would openly quote that. Its just for the Everett & Kirkland, WA area FiOS congestion. I have believe that Frontier will meet the target... They haven't given me any reason to not believe them.