Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

penguins4evr
Premium
join:2002-01-17
kudos:1

Animated avatars not moving . . .

For the last two days I have noticed that the animated avatars, stars, etc. are not moving. Is this an issue with my system or is it DSLR? If it's my system, any idea what the problem might be? I miss my bouncing penguin .

Peace . . .
--
Penguins can't fly . . . but they sure can surf!

Flame0641

join:2001-06-11
Truro, NS

Your avatar is moving to me. I know that there was a discusion about ZAPro3 causing some problems seeing animation. Could that be your problem?

Found one link to the discussion »Animation not working any more??
[text was edited by author 2002-04-07 16:02:39]

Joey
Premium,MVM
join:2001-09-18
Tallahassee, FL
reply to penguins4evr

try clearing your cache

penguins4evr
Premium
reply to penguins4evr

Thanks for the suggestions. I cleared my cache twice and still no animation. I do have ZoneAlarm free version and have been using it for a few months with no problem. I disabled ZA but still got no animation. Maybe after a reboot?
--

Rowdy6
Premium
join:2001-12-14
reply to penguins4evr

That must have been it, it's moving now
--
Speed Is Fine BUT Accuracy Is Final!

penguins4evr
Premium
reply to penguins4evr

It moves for you but not for me. Still no animation on my screen.
--

Flame0641

join:2001-06-11
Truro, NS
reply to penguins4evr

Have you asked the question in the Microsoft help forum? They can usually figure these kinds of things out.

Zupe
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-29
New York, NY

reply to penguins4evr

You didn't recently upgrade to the 3.0 version of ZoneAlarm or install Proxomitron or something of that nature? Both of those can cause this issue

***Edit***
Just read one of your previous posts and I see you did just start using Proxomitron. I don't use it, but I know one of it's filters is designed to show only the first frame of animated gifs. If you can't figure it out, I'm sure someone in the security forum can help you disable that filter or exclude DSLR from it.

--
Pinky: I think so Brain, but shouldn't the bat boy be wearing a cape?

[text was edited by author 2002-04-08 16:59:56]

SLICK01
Crusin - Gotch Ya
Premium
join:2002-01-26
USA

said by Zupe:
You didn't recently upgrade to the 3.0 version of ZoneAlarm or install Proxomitron or something of that nature? Both of those can cause this issue

***Edit***
Just read one of your previous posts and I see you did just start using Proxomitron. I don't use it, but I know one of it's filters is designed to show only the first frame of animated gifs. If you can't figure it out, I'm sure someone in the security forum can help you disable that filter or exclude DSLR from it.

It is working on this end. I don't use either one of those programs (Proxomitron or Zone Alarm).
--
*SLICK'S WEB SITE*

ITGeekMonkey
Orbis Hirsutis
Premium
join:2001-11-06
Wylie, TX
reply to penguins4evr

Uncheck the Freeze Animated GIF's in Proxo.
I had the same problem when I first started using Proxo.

penguins4evr
Premium
reply to penguins4evr

Now this is getting weird. On my screen I see the following avatars moving: Zupe, SLICK01, and jabba; but not mine or any of the stars. The same happens if "freeze GIF" is checked or unchecked. Bypassing Proxo doesn't make any difference either.

This is an improvement since earlier nothing was moving.

If this thread should be in the Microsoft help forum as suggested in an earlier post, maybe a mod could move it if necessary.

Thanks for your suggestions . . .

peace . . .
--

raw
War Eagle
Premium
join:2001-01-17
Madison, AL

Did you clear your cache after unchecking Freeze GIF animation?