All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

larrymcg
join:2004-04-16
Redding, CA

larrymcg

[VOD] Free Movies - free but not available to me!

There are free movies on VOD but many of them seem to be unavailable to me because they are associated with a TV channel like Showtime or HBO which I do not subscribe to.

I don't understand those restrictions. Can someone explain?

-- Larry

Rampage522
join:2001-10-18
Birmingham, AL

Rampage522

Well. you pretty much covered it. VOD selections tied to Premium channels are only available if you subscribe to that particular Premium service. Otherwise, I guess there would be little incentive to pay for the Premium channels in the first place.

Free shows for VOD things on AMC, FX, and others should be available to you.

larrymcg
join:2004-04-16
Redding, CA

larrymcg

It's really aggravating to see free movies that you can't watch. Even if they are not free, if I'm willing to pay the viewing price it seems that I should be able to view them. Oh well, I guess they are trying to get me to subscribe to those channels. Another reason to check out RedBox !

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

As Rampage said, you have to subscribe to the channels that the shows are on originally, to watch them on demand, otherwise, who in their right mind would pay for HBO or Showtime?!

Nothing at all to be aggravated at over that. Next thing you'll be saying is you want to watch everything that is on On Demand without paying a cable bill.