All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

Mediacom Email Servers Not Working

I use Thunderbird for my email client and am unable to get email from all my accounts.
This has been working flawlessly for the last couple of years.
The Webmail site seems to work ok. What is Up??

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

The network operations center is currently addressing the issue that is causing this problem. This is expected to be resolved soon. I apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience in this matter.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
it's been like that all day, I sent chad a pm earlier about this.

bamjack04
@173.27.244.x

bamjack04

Anon

*bump* still having problems here too.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

This is an ongoing issue. I currently do not have an estimated time of repair.
kb0nly
join:2003-07-25
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
The webmail page isn't working either, it loads, but its not getting/fetching any email. I sent an email to myself to test this about four hours ago, no bounce message and no test email in my MC email.

Been telling everyone to just send to my gmail, probably missed a dozen or more important emails today, just wonderful.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by kb0nly:

probably missed a dozen or more important emails today, just wonderful.

This could be disastrous if emails are lost forever.. MChad says "This is expected to be resolved soon". Please Define "soon" MChad. Then MChad says "I currently do not have an estimated time of repair".

As usual we get MC "apologys". I want my email, and I do not want any of it lost.

It is Christmas Time MChad, why must we put up with debacles like this at one of the busiest times of the year for emails??????????
Lazy Senior

Lazy Senior to kb0nly

to kb0nly
said by kb0nly:

The webmail page isn't working either, it loads, but its not getting/fetching any email.

»qctimes.com/news/local/m ··· 29b.html

..............................................................................................................
Quote from article: "According to Mediacom chat representative Jeanette Urboda, all customers using client email are affected by the company-wide issue.

"The good news is that our webmail is working fine," she said Sunday night."
................................................................................

MC Rep says not to worry webmail is WORKING FINE....... uh huh?
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

Definitely not working FINE... I sent emails to myself to test that, its been hours and those havent showed up from my Gmail account. Its normally seconds. So yeah, Webmail no worky
kb0nly

kb0nly to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
I need an ETA on this...

This is slowly killing me now. I havent had any new email since about 10pm last night, give or take not exactly sure on the time. I can't do anything, i can't process customer orders, i can't send verification emails, i can't do any financial work because it sends emails to me for two step verification, i am literally stuck and slowly dying here!!!

I checked the webmail, still nothing new in my business email or my personal email, the emails i sent to myself are not in there, and the verification of payments i should have received have not arrived either, i have been waiting on them since about 8am today (sunday), MC is literally shoving a knife in my gut.

I need working email NOW...

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude

My suggestion, once this is fixed, move to a different provider, such as GMail. I've done this for the most part except for a few places and even those will be switched when the email comes back up. I already have GMail pulling my Mediacom emails anyways since Mediacom doesn't offer IMAP. Since it appears you're using yours for business I'm sure it'll be a big task but well worth it given Mediacom's uptime track record.
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly

As far as uptime... This is the first email interruption i have had with my MC email in the 10+ years i have had them. Even when the internet would go down i could still pull my emails via cellular network.

Its not this simple unfortunately, i have an email address with MC thats tied to my business accounts everywhere, i can't just change it, it would literally take me months if not more to migrate everything.

I have a Gmail account, but then who doesnt if they have an Android phone, i have redirected a few things there for the time being, but that doesn't help much as Gmail for some reason is rejected attached files so i still cant get the stuff people are sending to me for the normal business transactions i do daily.

I contacted Gmail to find out why the attachments are being filtered, so far no response.

As far as having Gmail pull the emails from my MC account, i thought of that to, but nothing can pull from MC right now, be it a mail client or otherwise, so that doesnt work either.

The other problem is things like PayPal and Online Banking, its a friggin nightmare to get that stuff changed over to a new email address with all the security paranoia. I went through this with one of my accounts last month to get it tied to my Gmail account, only took three phone calls an hour long and fifteen emails but i finally got it... Ugh...
kb0nly

kb0nly

If i send an email to myself from one MC account to the other it shows up in Webmail, if i send an email from an outside source like Gmail to my MC addresses then it doesnt show up. So it would appear that its working at least that much inside the system, but its not receiving email from the outside world.

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

It is working today- Monday. Looks like I got all mail.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I know that we are actively working on this issue. I do thank you all for your patience.

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke

Premium Member

Still no fix?

I sure wish I could get my wife to stop using Mediacom mail.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Unfortunately not at this time tsduke See Profile.

Boss302_1970
join:2009-12-11

Boss302_1970 to Lazy Senior

to Lazy Senior
it's been fine here since the early a.m. checked it about 6 am and all was and is well here.
mertz67
join:2006-09-07
Davenport, IA

mertz67 to kb0nly

to kb0nly
I have also been with them for over 10 years, and while these sorts of issues involving their mail are very rare in all honesty, they have had these issues a couple of other times in the past.

Again, not calling them out too hard on it, as their mail server has actually been pretty good imo, but not perfect like you are claiming sir.

Ferret Face
@173.19.5.x

Ferret Face to kb0nly

Anon

to kb0nly
Problems with email continue in Springfield,MO. 65804.
Not only my box....
OldCableGuy (banned)
join:2014-12-19

OldCableGuy (banned) to kb0nly

to kb0nly
Why the heck would you use Mediacom mail for a business? Buying a business domain is $10 per year and usually comes with email. You just opt to forward whatever@whatever.com to where ever you want. Could be Mediacom, could be Gmail, etc. I have no sympathy for anyone whose "entire business" is broken because Mediacom email is down.

Ferret Face
@173.19.5.x

Ferret Face to Ferret Face

Anon

to Ferret Face
65804 back up and running now (email)

Lazy Senior
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to mertz67

to mertz67
said by mertz67:

I have also been with them for over 10 years, and while these sorts of issues involving their mail are very rare in all honesty

I have to agree. MC Email has been reliable. I lost email service for maybe 24 hours this past weekend. No one likes to lose email or Internet Service. Stuff Happens. I would not give them a bad review for this. There are many (MANY) things that MC deserves to be criticized about. I don't think their email service is one of those things. Now don't let it happen again.... :>

inmis
@173.17.82.x

inmis

Anon

Broken again, nginx 500 server error for webmail. Hbogo logins fail to authorize as well w/network error. Thanks Mediacom.

Ferret Face
@173.19.5.x

Ferret Face to MediacomChad

Anon

to MediacomChad
Down again-65804. Approx. 2 hours now....

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

We are actively working on our email servers. At this time, there is no ETR.
kb0nly
Tyler, MN

kb0nly to OldCableGuy

to OldCableGuy
Because at one time Mediacom was my only choice here. I don't know why people hammer so hard on ISP provided email. Could I register an account somewhere? Sure I could. I even have one that I use as a backup through godaddy. But the simple fact is this was so done years ago and my customers still know how to email me years later even if they can't remember a website address. The other problem i have been having is some companies I work with require a non anonymous email and filter out things like gmail hotmail live.com and various other providers. My Mediacombb.net and mchsi.com addresses always make it through the corporate spam filters. My domain address not so much. Why change something that works? No sympathy needed or asked for thank you very much j-a..

Tehrasha
join:2004-12-15
Vinton, IA

Tehrasha

said by kb0nly:

The other problem i have been having is some companies I work with require a non anonymous email and filter out things like gmail hotmail live.com and various other providers. My Mediacombb.net and mchsi.com addresses always make it through the corporate spam filters.

That is exactly why I have kept an active account on an system which hasnt been my ISP for over 10 years. It has been my 'official' email address for over 20 years now, and I do all of my -real- business through it. Gmail for everything else... I dont think I have ever used my MC email, except for internal MC business.
Underclocked
join:2005-03-21
Greenfield, MO

Underclocked

It's been mostly down for days here in Greenfield, MO. Totally down for the last two days. Fix it.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to Lazy Senior

Premium Member

to Lazy Senior

been getting this instead of my mail...