BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

2 edits

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Things you would like to see for 2015 (Here's your chance :) )

I do this every year so this year will be no exception. Please use this thread to suggest things you would like to see us do or offer for 2015. Please read this post entirely and follow the "rules". I'm asking these things so this thread does not digress into the usual...well you know.

- One request per post (you may make as many as you want just one concept per post)
- Keep your request realistic, I want honest doable things (from your perspective)
- Avoid responding to others posts no matter how tempting - requests only please for ease of tracking
- Your request can be for a product, feature or improvement in service in some way (be specific)
- If your request is for additional upload speeds I need you to include your intended purpose so we better understand your use and how it might benefit others as well **AND** whether you would be willing to subscribe to a new tier that offered increased upload speeds.

Guys I make no promises but you would be amazed at how much input you really do have on lots of things so here is your chance

Feel free to vote on the suggestions you like most by hitting ACTIONS on the post and selecting RECOMMEND

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

13 recommendations

DCELL

Remote access to DVR content.
DougHo
join:2012-05-21
Orlando, FL

5 recommendations

DougHo to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I'd like additional upload speed without new tier, which could be done in some sort of limited method (rather than unlimited). Either as some sort of transfer limit (i.e., first 25GB per month is 10x faster) or perhaps some sort of limited time (x hours per month).
I'm thinking of my church which pays about the same price as my residential Lightning 150 but business only gets 17.1 down, 1.15 up (one-tenth my transfer rate). Church streams an hour long service Sunday morning and that 1.15 limits the stream quality.
theteamaster
join:2006-06-05
Irvine, CA

3 recommendations

theteamaster to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Like the squeaky wheel without grease, internet speed boost for standard. Standard should be Turbo 35, while lite should take the place of the current standard tier 15/1. This is 2015. Standard tier should be the ultimate baseline and having 1Mbps up is pretty sad.

Most cable company's "standard" tiers are higher than BHN's standard tbh. Not saying all but comparing the price we pay, it's not on par with current offerings.

With regards of willing to subscribe, yeah I would be willing to but for me, a jump to turbo 35 is an extra ~20ish dollars. I wouldn't mind if it was 5 bucks like it was before with turbo 20. I understand the need to do business, but the promos offered nowadays are pretty iffy even after calling in almost every month.

What I do on the internet that involves upload speed:
Dropbox, plex, uploading files/maps/configs/stuffs to my gaming community, uploading files to family, etc.

The only reason I'm staying with BHN at home is because I currently am away for university and having the direct forums here and Gary is a great resource for me to handle things remotely.

So thanks, cherry 7up for you
vasta
join:2003-04-07
Orlando, FL

vasta to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Access to HBO/Showtime etc on non DVR'ed TVs if you already pay a subscription, you'd need at least one of those digital adapters as well as at least 1 DVR box somewhere in the house...I can already watch it almost live via the Brighthouse website...I don't see how that is any different then actually letting people with digital adapters tune to channel 1400 for HBO

I feel greed on your end will stop this
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by vasta:

Access to HBO/Showtime etc on non DVR'ed TVs if you already pay a subscription, you'd need at least one of those digital adapters as well as at least 1 DVR box somewhere in the house...I can already watch it almost live via the Brighthouse website...I don't see how that is any different then actually letting people with digital adapters tune to channel 1400 for HBO

I feel greed on your end will stop this

You don't need a DVR to receive HBO. All you need is a standard box. Digital Adapter a different issue.

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
Inglis, FL

8 recommendations

DCELL to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
User back-up of series manager for box swaps so customer could swap a DVR in a lobby and transfer series schedules; in lieu of that, ability for a BHN tech to do it with a truck roll box swap.
DCELL

4 recommendations

DCELL to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
User back-up of recorded content for box swaps so customer could swap a DVR in a lobby and transfer content to new DVR; in lieu of that, ability for a BHN tech to do it with a truck roll box swap.

Guide_Tim
join:2012-02-28
Taft, CA

1 recommendation

Guide_Tim to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Only one thing I can think of really.
Better monitoring/Detection at the office where they can see if a Node is congested, then quickly repair it.

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
Inglis, FL

8 recommendations

DCELL to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Programming: replace current music offerings with Sirius/XM
DCELL

9 recommendations

DCELL to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Support of external hard drives for DVR's to add to storage space.

RqstBH
@bhn.net

3 recommendations

RqstBH to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Would be nice to have more Hotspots popup with better range.

The Current locations have rather weak range. I would like to see better range, what ever is needed to boost receive level in the 2.4ghz to 5ghz range. Currently, seems you have to be almost right under the receiver on the pole to get a good signal.

Also on this request improved throughput of existing transmitters. Throughput I think should be at least up to the Standard Tier (15Mbps) that BH users have access to at home. (since you have to have at least standard service to get free hotspot coverage)

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
Inglis, FL

DCELL to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
At least attempt to get NFL Sunday Ticket once their exclusive D*TV contract is up.

RqstBH2
@bhn.net

16 recommendations

RqstBH2 to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Changes to service online-

Provision My Services to allow customers to login to make changes to existing account. (add new service remove services)

This added benefit of showing the customer how it would increase there bill for adding and removing features on their account. (feature changes made should give you the option of a promotion price and a build your own product with products and services currently offered. Alerting you if a better promo is out there)

The My services online account changes will save those who use the computer to avoid waiting on hold an easy way to add change or compare what they have with BH to what they could have for a few $$ more. Avoids confusion of what Customer thought they heard the CSR said.

This I would imagine could streamline the process and free up BH CSR. We see the difference BH XPERT has made to this forum not having to make a call to add a service.

Online Service changes would empower the customers and make them feel they are in control.

Cell Phone companies, Airlines, Insurance companies, ect... allow customers to make changes to their account without having to call in to a CSR. Airlines have much more complicated system built to handle fare changes and rules on tickets ect..

This shouldn't be as big a deal for BH. It costs more to pay 10 people to answer phones than to engineer software that would enable this feature that would pay for itself many times over.

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

9 recommendations

geo44 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
BHTV app for Roku as I cant use a set top box for my wall mounted tv

mixdup
join:2003-06-28
Alpharetta, GA

1 recommendation

mixdup to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
First post: The ability to have a static IP, yet still access BHTV apps without having to do the two modem dance.
mixdup

4 recommendations

mixdup to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Second post: I'm seconding the above request to have BHTV apps for more than just mobile devices and PC. It'd be great to have an Xbox One or Roku app. And if you do look at going down this route, don't forget the Xbox 360 and PS3, because even though they are "older", they are getting re-purposed to bedrooms etc and would be a GREAT place for an app like that, whereas my Xbox One is in my living room where my TiVo already is.
mixdup

13 recommendations

mixdup to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Third post: increased upload speeds. Yes, within reason I'd be willing to pay for a higher tier. Like if I could get 50/50 symmetrical, I'd pay the Lightning 150 price. Primarily I'd like to use it for cloud services like dropbox and backblaze. Uploading terabytes of data can be tiresome. But, I also run the Mumble voice chat server for our World of Warcraft guild plus it'd be nice to bring our WoW guild website home. Finally, like I mentioned in the other thread, I like to VPN back home from my phone and laptop when I'm on wifi.

Yeah, public wifi sometimes limits your bandwidth, but I'd still like to have the overhead since I'm using traffic in both directions plus when I'm at work doing this, I have way more than 10mbps available to me.

Maybe any one of these things wouldn't require that much bandwidth, but I do *all* of these things almost all of the time. 150 or 300mbps down is great for families of lots of people watching YouTube or Netflix in many rooms, but I have essentially the opposite situation. I have many things going *out* of my house at the same time (or, at least I would if I could buy this service at a residential pricing level)
mixdup

mixdup to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Fourth and for now final post until I can think of something else:

On the phone service, call hunting would be *great*. If I could have my cell phone ring when someone calls my BHN phone, then I would sign up for BHN phone. I have a number on Google Voice that I want to get out of Google Voice, and with the gadget app I could still text, but I want both my house phone and my cell phone to ring.

Short of that, a reasonable alternative would be something similar to TWC's Phone 2 Go app which looks like VoIP access to your landline via an app on your smartphone. Probably not quite perfect but reasonable enough if it's not buggy and would probably entice me to subscribe to BHN phone service.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

3 recommendations

wbrightfl to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Allow on-demand access to TIVOs

Create a couple of smaller programming tiers like a top 50, top 100, etc so we don't have to pay for the additional 100 or so channels we never watch.
slinky333
join:2008-05-26
Orlando, FL

1 recommendation

slinky333 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Have a BHTV app for Windows 8 ("Windows Store app").
The website version sucks with touch and the Silverlight dependency makes it impossible to use on Windows RT based devices.
ispalten
join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL

2 recommendations

ispalten to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Get BH in 'sync' with iPad (and other tablet/phone) apps for stations that have an app (like NFL) using BH MyServices account for ALL that I subscribe to. Right now it is not done for all of them.
ispalten

5 recommendations

ispalten to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
On the BH Phone, for Call Blocking, enable WILD CARDS so one can BLOCK those Vonage numbers or ones that come in with less than 10 numbers or invalid numbers like '000-000-0000' PLEASE!

Also allow NAMES to be blocked.

Also allow more than 30 numbers, 50 or 100 would be nice.

paradigmfl
join:2005-07-16

1 edit

4 recommendations

paradigmfl to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Ability to add on speed to an existing internet tier (or complete custom tiers)

$1 per additional Mbps download
$2 per additional Mbps upload

It's better to be able to customize a tier to suit our exact needs versus paying for something we do not need. For instance a 15/1 standard tier user may just want to pay $10 extra a month for a 15/6 (+5 Mbps upstream upgrade) connection. They could then get the upload they need without an unnecessary downstream upgrade and for a more reasonable price than advancing to the tier.
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

1 recommendation

jwt0001 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Better access to mobile apps for specific networks, such as SEC from within WatchESPN.
jwt0001

13 recommendations

jwt0001 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Improved chat conversation: they need to stop with needless chit-chat (how are you today? Do you have any plans for the weekend?)...

I know this sounds petty, but why should I type anything more than I have to? I go to chat for speed.
wbrightfl
Fort Lauderdale, FL

14 recommendations

wbrightfl to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Capability to manage/edit our programming and internet options online instead of having to call in and get quotes.
jwt0001
join:2014-03-28
Ashland, KY

10 recommendations

jwt0001 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
One channel access for networks, both SD and HD. This is one of the things I miss from DirecTV, which automatically hides the SD version of a channel if you have the HD version. I know I can set up a favorites list (only one, where D* allows two), but scrolling through essentially duplicate channels is a pain.

I know this works for some channels, but I don't know how many and they are still in separate areas of the guide.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

27 recommendations

BHNtechXpert to jwt0001

Premium Member

to jwt0001
said by jwt0001:

Improved chat conversation: they need to stop with needless chit-chat (how are you today? Do you have any plans for the weekend?)...

I know this sounds petty, but why should I type anything more than I have to? I go to chat for speed.

Thanks for the insight here....

Correct me if I am wrong but is what you are saying that you come to online chat support for many of the same reasons you come to forums (or direct) including a quick and to the point interaction that gets things done and that the idle chat you described above is an unwelcomed distraction from that?

(Anyone who agrees with JWT001's sentiments please use the actions and recommend option for THIS post)
wbrightfl
Fort Lauderdale, FL

3 recommendations

wbrightfl to jwt0001

to jwt0001
said by jwt0001:

One channel access for networks, both SD and HD. This is one of the things I miss from DirecTV, which automatically hides the SD version of a channel if you have the HD version. I know I can set up a favorites list (only one, where D* allows two), but scrolling through essentially duplicate channels is a pain.

I second this one. I miss one channel access from Dish Network. One channel number which automatically displays the HD version if you have the proper receiver/DVR.