All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Tasogare5
join:2008-10-04
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5

2 weeks since being told area would be fixed between 1 week-month. Updates?

So we were told two weeks ago that the idiotic overselling in our area would be fixed in Carmichaels anywhere from a week to a month from then. Well, it clearly wasn't a week, and it clearly wasn't two weeks, so now that half the time is over where do we stand? What's the deal? And yeah, I am going to call it idiotic, and I'm not going to play the nice easily-placated customer. I'm not going to have any empathy for your company caring more about their stupid bottom line than providing people the service they're actually paying for.

You want to work for a company stupid enough to add more subscribers THEN worry about the logistics of actually sending service to them, then you get to deal with the customers who have absolutely fucking had it with the state of internet in this godforsaken country.

I'm getting even further ticked off because not only is our internet near-useless the vast majority of the time people actually want to be using it, but we're now back to near daily disconnects on top of that. The same issue you haven't managed to fix for more than two months in THREE YEARS. GET ON IT.

Tell Uniontown that whatever they did two weeks ago only served to screw things up and now I'm right back to getting regular daily disconnects literally days after they mucked around for no reason. I am SO not going to sit here not only worrying about the internet barely being fast enough to work in the first place, but also wondering if it's EVEN GOING TO BE STABLE.
Tasogare5

Tasogare5

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 9572.png

This is how I'm enjoying a Sunday afternoon. Unable to stream anything, unable to watch anything, and being yelled at by a housemate for being unable to play the online game we'd planned on. All because of your despicable practices and the natural human tendency to, oh, I don't know, spend a snow-covered day INDOORS. ON THE INTERNET.

It's a shame ABB does such a good job at hiding their contact information because it's almost impossible to EECB this company.
neurotik0
join:2010-01-10
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0 to Tasogare5

to Tasogare5
I'm right there with you. Currently getting my usual ~5-7mbps (higher than your speeds, I know, but I'm also paying for 75mbps down) download speeds still. Absolutely nothing has changed, and it will only get horribly worse the later in the day/evening it gets.

How much longer do we have to continue paying for this service? How much longer are you going to continue advertising that you can supply the Carmichaels, PA area with packages of 5mbps, 30mbps, and 75mbps speeds when you can BARELY fulfill your minimum package during off-peak hours? Your website should literally state that you cannot currently provide any of your advertised speeds to this area, period.

I was told weeks ago that I would see all of this nonsense reflected on my bills as well. Still nothing changes on that part either. And I realize that paying less for my bill each month doesn't better the situation at all, but I certainly do not enjoy paying for the service I am paying for right now when I cannot even get 10% of that speed consistently. I should be paying 10% of what your advertised prices are if that is all I am going to be provided with on a daily basis. Where do I sign up for this sweet discount at? If you feel there is nothing wrong with expecting your subscribers to pay full price for 10% of a service, then the opposite should also apply -- you should have no issues with discounting my monthly bill by 85-90% each month until these issues are resolved. Furthermore, you should also have no issues retroactively crediting my account to reflect the months upon months of poor service you have been providing to the area and continuing to charge full price for.

So again, ABB, where do I sign up for this 90% discount on my bill since I'm missing 90% of the service I have been paying you for each month?
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

2 edits

Tasogare5

I'm now getting this - »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 4048.png

No stream running, no downloads running, no other devices being used in the house. Basic "service" doing nothing but browsing.

Jason, Larry, how can you justify this going on since OCTOBER with absolutely no concrete answers in sight? What do I care that I'm getting bill credit when I can't use it anyway? It's like the absolute bare minimum compensation. "Oh, well, here, we won't make you pay for this service you're not actually using anyway!" REALLY? That's the best you can do in FOUR MONTHS?

I want a concrete answer on when the hell this is being fixed and I want it NOW. I don't want this hemming and hawing and "Oh well it could be next week oh something else came up oh, here's still more half-assed excuses just to keep you quiet for another week or two until you inevitably call in again!"

And you can damn well bet I'm going to the mayor this week to talk about the municipal zoning laws preventing any other ISP from building lines in.

Edit: And at 12:00am I'm still getting »www.speedtest.net/result ··· 8089.png

So much for peak hours?

Edit 2: I've basically had to stop doing anything on the computer for the next two hours thanks to housemates deciding to stream Netflix and thus killing what 1mbps we're actually getting at the moment. Waiting on word of an update, Jason, Larry.
Tasogare5

Tasogare5

For those of us in the Carmichaels area, just a heads up. With things only getting worse and speeds of sub-1mbps even well past midnight, I'm taking things a step further.

This week I'm going to be running some flyers off and placing them up around town to bring awareness to the overselling. The more people who know they can call in about it the better. I'll also be calling again myself to raise hell tomorrow.
Tasogare5

Tasogare5

It's 8:30 in the evening and I'm getting .75mbps doing nothing but having a 480p stream running. Lol.

Anyway I have the flyers designed and printed out, I will be putting them up around town tomorrow barring any interruptions. I have five to set up right now but if any locals have any suggested spots in mind, feel free to send me a private message here.
Tasogare5

Tasogare5

Not that anyone from ABB seems to care about this thread but for those in the area, I've put some of the flyers up this evening. Front and center in various stores so they should be hard to miss.
neurotik0
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0 to Tasogare5

to Tasogare5
I thoroughly enjoy how none of the ABB reps who frequent these forums even bother to respond to any of our questions anymore, yet they will respond multiple times over in other threads to answer the questions that other subscribers post.

Perhaps Carmichaels was put on some sort of blacklist where we no longer receive service we are paying for, our bills do not get discounted to reflect the less than 10% of speeds that we are paying for, and now we are also not respected enough to even have our questions answered.

Excellent way to run a business.
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5

I sort of want to give Larry and Jason the benefit of the doubt in thinking they don't really have much information on specifics like this. Rather they're just your average minor tech support. But then I tend to try and see the best in people despite my abrasiveness in these threads.

Though it is kind of rude to just ignore threads entirely instead of at least saying "You know hardware isn't really our area and we can't help you." It's certainly not doing much good for PR when you've already got an extremely poor image as is.

Regardless, I hope my flyers up around town are flooding them with calls. One more week (yeah, right.)...
ABBJason
join:2010-06-03
Altoona, PA

ABBJason to Tasogare5

to Tasogare5
There are a couple reasons I haven't replied. Before this goes any further, allow me to respond.

1. Posting here isn't part of my job at Atlantic Broadband. I do it of my own desire to help customers. If posting here becomes an issue that conflicts with my job, i will have to stop doing so. Atlantic Broadband has official lines of communication with customers, via phone, email, and chat.

2. I've already answered you about what is going on, and given you all the information I can. I told you in the other thread that when I have more to tell you, I'll let you know. This is still true.

3. When a customer escalates issues beyond Atlantic Broadband, government. legal etc. this is where I have to stop communicating. I have no input on government or legal matters with Atlantic Broadband. I am not a lawyer or a manager that handles regulatory issues with our company, so I have no input when a customer takes an issue that way. If you can limit the discussion to things I can assist you with, technical and customer service issues, that would help keep communication flowing.

4. In regards to point 1, I'm not going to respond to posts like this
quote:
You want to work for a company stupid enough to add more subscribers THEN worry about the logistics of actually sending service to them, then you get to deal with the customers who have absolutely fucking had it with the state of internet in this godforsaken country.
I'm here to help you. I am not an FCC regulator, a congressional lobbyist, or a C level executive. I make zero decisions and have zero input about the direction of Atlantic Broadband or the cable industry. I work here because I can and do enjoy helping people with technology.

If you would like to continue to have a dialog on this forum, then lets have a civil discussion.
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5

So, yes, it's as I thought, it's just not really any area you can handle or help in. I'm mad at the company, not you though. Can you blame me? My weekends are essentially shot from start to finish and weekday afternoons and evenings are pointless. I'm sitting here trying to watch a stream while typing this and it's literally lagging out longer than it is playing...at 720p.

Even our house members are at each other's throats for "hogging" the internet, because the house barely even supports one use at a time. God forbid anyone try to watch Netflix, upload work materials, or anything else while someone is already using the internet for something. I'm at my limits here.

Not to mention ABB told us it'd be upgraded in a month at the latest and obviously, they failed, as it's been a month with absolutely zero improvement. I'm not sure where civility reaches its limit.
neurotik0
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0 to Tasogare5

to Tasogare5
Who do I call and what exactly do I say in order to see at least an 80% discount on my monthly bill without any further questions being asked of me? I don't want to call and have to explain this entire situation ten times over again to multiple different people and try to convince each of them that it is not an issue in my lines, with my modem, with my router, with my PC, etc.

I simply want to make a short phone call if necessary, request the discount that is equal to the amount of service I am actually receiving on a daily basis, and call it a day.
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5

I'm not sure how far up you need to go, but I know we spoke to a supervisor at the very least, though I'm not sure if the person who called went up any further or got transferred to sales during the call.

From what I understand she got us full 100% credit though, and honestly with the service they're providing an 80-90% or full credit is not remotely unreasonable. If they want to get paid then maybe they should start providing what they're actually selling. I don't know if you'll get lucky and be able to just explain the issue to one person and be done with it though. All I can say is if it doesn't work, keep pressing the issue.

They WANT us to be too hassled to keep bothering them, that's how they get us to shut up and not have to worry about upgrading anything. The only way we'll ever get out of this is if EVERYONE experiencing an issue doesn't let up. The more they're annoyed the less they can just shove it under the rug. That's why I put flyers up in stores in the first place.
ABBJason
Altoona, PA

ABBJason to neurotik0

to neurotik0
If you are having a speed issue, we need to check and see whether the area you are in is over capacity or not first. We do this in order to make sure that we aren't blaming one thing and not taking the necessary steps to fix an actual problem. If it is, we enter a ticket for it, then send that information to a supervisor who maintains a list of customers accounts that will be credited every month. The amount Atlantic Broadband is crediting customers is 50% of the internet service portion of their bill.

Our toll free number is 888-536-9600.
neurotik0
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0 to Tasogare5

to Tasogare5
How can you only credit someone 50% of their bill when you cannot even provide them with 20% of the speed they are paying for at any given time? Is 50% of 75mbps 7-10mbps? If it's not, then I should be paying for nothing more until ABB is 100% capable of providing that amount to me each and every day.
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5 to ABBJason

to ABBJason
We've already been told multiple times that they have oversold Carmichaels. That's what I want to know what's going on with these so-called updates in the first place...They were supposed to be done in a month, and a month since then has come and gone.

Not only have you not fixed it, it's getting WORSE. 8:30pm and I'm getting literally 0.18mbps. Are you for real?
ABBJason
Altoona, PA

ABBJason

This is a public forum. When I explain the process or something to get a speed issue checked, I'm not just speaking to only you two. I'm also explaining why you can't just call in and get a credit. There is not a direct line to get more credit than corporate is offering without anyone asking any other questions, which is what neurotik0 is looking for. Such a phone number does not exist. If you are unhappy with a 50% credit I am sorry. I can't change that. That is what came down from management to us.

As for the rest of it, we've covered it before. I will let you know more information about the status of the issue in your area when it is available. Until I have more information, you know everything I know.
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5

> I will let you know more information about the status of the issue in your area when it is available. Until I have more information, you know everything I know.

Can you not ask anyone about it? Surely someone in that company has to have more news than "It's a need to know basis and you don't need to know."

Currently enjoying a miserable Sunday at 20 below while being able to do absolutely nothing thanks to the one person in the house watching Netflix draining the whopping 1.7mbps bandwidth we've been getting since 9 this morning.

Also enjoying being on hold for an entire half hour before giving up because apparently someone at your company also downsized call center support, since I haven't been able to get through in less than twenty minutes for probably over six months. Jason you seem like a decent enough guy, you need to find a job with a company that isn't doing its best to fight down Comcast for the Worst Company in America title.
Tasogare5

Tasogare5

So, no, you can't just ask anyone I take it? I mean it has been almost two weeks...
ABBJason
Altoona, PA

ABBJason

There is no additional information available at this time. I am sorry, I know you want someone to say something else, but there isn't anything else to say right now.
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5

This is ridiculous...Your company is absolutely disgusting. I don't even know what to say anymore I'm just furious beyond belief.

fuhq abb
@atlanticbb.net

fuhq abb

Anon

Been 4 months for me can't even play a fucking ps4 game online 30mbps and getting 3. Have Verizon on their way out this week to relieve my annoyance from this bs.
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5

Pff! Must be pretty nice to even have a second option!
neurotik0
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0

Just checking this thread for the first time since I last posted in it, mainly because I am sitting here yet another day staring at my 75/3 connection that I pay for which is giving me 6/3.

This is unreal. This long of a period of time has passed and still not a word from ABB, zero solutions for all of their customers who are being sold services that they cannot even provide close to.

What the hell is going on here?
JimmyK814
join:2010-12-29
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

Maybe a good sign:

Dear Valued Atlantic Broadband Customer,

As a part of our on-going efforts to upgrade our network infrastructure, we will be doing a series of maintenances this week in your area. These maintenances have the potential to impact your Internet, Phone, and Video services with us. If you are impacted during one of these time frames, we anticipate that the outage will last no longer than an hour.

Listed below are the three windows in which we'll be working this week:

Tuesday, March 24th 2015 from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM
Wednesday, March 25th 2015 from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM
Thursday, March 26th 2015 from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause. This maintenance is necessary to ensure that our Internet customers will experience better quality and reliability from our Atlantic Broadband High Speed Internet and Phone services.

Thank you,

Your Atlantic Broadband Team
neurotik0
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0

A good sign for your area, perhaps. I highly doubt that anyone in Carmichaels, PA has gotten an e-mail or letter like that.
JimmyK814
join:2010-12-29
Altoona, PA

JimmyK814

Where is Carmichaels? I guess I could use google.
neurotik0
Carmichaels, PA

neurotik0 to Tasogare5

to Tasogare5
A few hours away, nowhere close enough that Altoona maintenance would correct the garbage service we have been dealing with for months and months now.
redpenguin
join:2010-06-17
united state

redpenguin

I wonder if Johnstown would be covered under the maintenance as well or not.

In Johnstown, I'm starting to see at times like 26-27mbit at times, which is almost the entire 30mbit.

Though it's gone back down to 20 or lower at times as well.

I was at my friends in the Uniontown area last week, and Mon-Wed (16th-18th), he was always getting only 5mbit during day and 3mbit at night, then finally Thur-Sat finally went to 20mbit.

He like myself also has the 30mbit package.
Tasogare5
Carmichaels, PA

Tasogare5 to neurotik0

to neurotik0
God, I hope it's a good sign. But that's a fair bit away, I don't want to cross my fingers. I say this while still getting 0.60mbps down while trying to load Youtube, the worst it's been in awhile.