Search similar:

uniqs

efrs6dty
@charter.com

efrs6dty

Anon

[HSI] modems

well it's 2015, fellas

i know most of you have been taking advantage of 16 downstream channels for a while now... how is it?

anyone seeing 24 downstream channels yet?

what modems you all have? and how many channels are you seeing?

anyone hear any news regarding charters channel bonding upgrades?

if you got your modem from charter for free, do tell us that. i want to make a list of what modems charter has/had in stock. otherwise if you bought your modem, do clarify.

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Click for full size
DPC3216 16x4

The local office had only the DPC3008 and the DPC3010. The DPC3216 wasn't at the local office, only on a tech's truck (and most likely only if you have data/voice).

KoRnGtL15
Premium Member
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR

KoRnGtL15 to efrs6dty

Premium Member

to efrs6dty
Still on my Motorola SB6141. 8 channels being used currently on the downstream. Waiting on the Motorola 24x8 modem coming soon. Cisco has one coming as well very soon. Which ever one is out first and Charter supports. I will grab. I see the Motorola coming out first personally.

DarkenMoon
Premium Member
join:2013-11-14
Silver Springs, NV

DarkenMoon to efrs6dty

Premium Member

to efrs6dty
If you have a 8 or 16 channel modem, or your 4 channel modem works fine, I would hold off on getting a new one until Docsis 3.1 modems come out.

I've got a Cisco DPC3010 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, which does 8x4 channels, and I can get my full speed.

CoolMan
join:2008-01-07
Maryville, TN

CoolMan to efrs6dty

to efrs6dty
Currently only 8 downstream channels available on the system, I talked to a technician a couple days ago and he said they are working on 16 but it's not lit up yet from the headend.

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958 to DarkenMoon

Premium Member

to DarkenMoon
said by DarkenMoon:

If you have a 8 or 16 channel modem, or your 4 channel modem works fine, I would hold off on getting a new one until Docsis 3.1 modems come out.

Yep,
Exactly what I plan on doing as my 4 channel Zoom 5341, that I own, works perfectly!

Even then, if I do decide to get a new one, I will check and see what my local office offers, if modems are still free then.