ortizdr
The One the Only
join:2014-01-15
North Richland Hills, TX
(Software) pfSense
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

ortizdr

[trueSTREAM] Manual qualification

Who can I contact to see if I can qualify for bonded 45? Below are my current stats with AT&T on 18.

DSL Status

Line State Up
Downstream Sync Rate (kbps) 25212
Upstream Sync Rate (kbps) 2047
Downstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 41892
Upstream Max Attainable Rate (kbps) 7010
Modulation VDSL2
Data Path Interleaved
Downstream Upstream
SN Margin (dB) 17.4 17.6
Line Attenuation (dB) 44.1 32.2
Output Power(dBm) 13.8 8.4
Errored Seconds 1 0
Loss of Signal 0 0
Loss of Frame 0 0
FEC Errors 24987 0
CRC Errors 3 0

Demonfang
join:2011-04-21
Spring Mills, PA

Demonfang

since 45 is pair bonded then assuming a second line to the address is able to pull those stats as well you should be more than fine for 45/6, and could even do 75/8 if you wanted. this is all assuming of course that there is capacity in the area to do it (which is rarely an issue in at&t areas). nick should follow this up shortly.

---------------------------------------

side note to nick: is vdsl2 really that much better at long distance? adjusting the max attain rates from the post above vdsl2 with atten matching mine i would be able to get 25/6 assuming a linear relation over distance which is about what the attain/distance graphs show up at these distances. maybe vz should install vdsl2 hardware >.>
/threadjack

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX
(Software) pfSense
Ubiquiti Unifi UAP-AC-LITE

ortizdr

thanks for the reply! I'm pretty sure there are some spare pairs. But who knows with AT&T. I am in a new neighborhood, within the last 10 years, so my copper plant should be near flawless. Fingers crossed! If DslXtreme can qualify me for 45 i am jumping this AT&T ship!!

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

You should prequalify on our website (go to »www.dslextreme.com/trues ··· idential and click on the "Check Availability for trueSTREAM" button), or send me an IM with your street address. It IS possible the equipment you're connected to isn't set up for bonded pair, after all (with proper bonded pair, it needs to be set up both locally with a bonded-capable router, and on the backend as well), so always best to check first.

@Demonfang: I'm not an electrician so I couldn't break down the precise attenuation vs. speed thresholds on VDSL2, but distance still plays a very real factor. Under about one mile, VDSL2 can grant superb speeds (hence why we're seeing the max possible speeds ortizdr is listing above), but beyond one mile VDSL2 is about the same as ADSL2+. This is why VDSL2 is typically employed in Remote Terminals: to use fiber to get the copper within that mile of the end-user whenever possible.

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr

I've currently got a nvg589. I'll shoot you a PM your qual website said 18 is max.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Hmmm. Perhaps a silly question, but are you sure you're not on bonded pair already? The NVG589 is typically deployed for bonded pair circuits, and if what you're seeing there is the result of the bonded pair, that would mean combined max sync would be about 41Mbps (which would be too low to provision for 45Mbps).

Hmmm... we do have a 24Mbps tier, which should be doable even just with the current readings (you're currently syncing at 25, after all). Possible that the bottleneck keeping you from getting higher speeds may be a soft cap imposed to avoid congestion (after all, even though you may be able to sync at 25, the server equipment on the backend still has to be able to handle to volume of data from not only your circuit, but everyone else's connected to that VRAD). I'll see if I can get some more information from our Ordering dept on Monday.

ortizdr
The One the Only
North Richland Hills, TX

ortizdr

Def a single pair. Thanks for looking into it for me!

djrobx
Premium Member
join:2000-05-31
Reno, NV

1 edit

djrobx to Demonfang

Premium Member

to Demonfang

should be more than fine for 45/6, and could even do 75/8 if you wanted

Looks to me like he's right on the cusp of being able to do the 32/5 profile on a single line. Max rates of 40-42 are the fringe for being able to handle the 32mbps profile that AT&T uses for 24/3 service on VDSL lines. Check out the "U-verse Realtime" threads over on the U-verse forums if you want the gory details as to why this is.

That would explain why he's limited to 18mbps on a pre-qual. If you can talk AT&T into bumping up your profile you can probably get 24mbps (and that may further open you up to the possibility of bonding for the 45mbps service).

75/8 is probably out of the question. AT&T won't push their lines that close to the max rate.