Search similar:

uniqs
chandom
join:2001-05-23
Tallahassee, FL

1 edit

chandom

[Embarq] Not syncing at full speed.

Just got recently upgraded to 10Mbps. However, the modem is only showing a sync just below 6 Mbps. Yes, the modem had been rebooted several times. It only changed the rate ever so slightly.

Before I run the extension cord to the NID and modem up there. I just wanted to get a set of eyes on my modem stats prior to calling.

Thanks

Connection Status

DSL Status (First Half)

DSL Status (Second Half)

DSL Status, 24 hours later (First Half)

DSL Status, 24 hours later (Second Half)

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

1 recommendation

billaustin

MVM

Check it at the NID and compare the stats, specifically the SNR and Attenuation readings. If there is not a significant difference, then things won't get any better, unless you can get them to check for a problem upstream (bridge taps, etc.).

Atom90
join:2014-12-05

2 edits

Atom90 to chandom

to chandom
Based on your SNR and Attenuation I would say you could sync a few Mbits higher. Not sure you can truly sync at 10Mbit though, at least reliably.

I'm also having below advertised dl rates because of a low sync rate, by Centurylink, even though I have plenty of room for improvement.
chandom
Tallahassee, FL

chandom to billaustin

to billaustin
Click for full size
At the NID, on the phone.
chandom

chandom

The call was painless, about 15 minutes. Tech is coming out tomorrow.
bones200
Premium Member
join:2008-07-11
Randleman, NC

bones200 to chandom

Premium Member

to chandom
Either you can only get 5-6 mB speed and they lied about 10mB. Or you having line issues. That was the speed I got when I had 5mB of service.
Try bridging the modem/router and let a good router try to pull the speed.
Just something to try if tech can't fix on first try. Use a dedicated DSL line in your house. It made a difference in mine.
chandom
Tallahassee, FL

chandom

Use to have a dedicated line for DSL. Found a nice surprise when I had opened the NID. During the last service call they had put in a filter, unknown to me.

Modem is already running in bridged mode, using the sync rate as a reference of what I should be getting. Haven't bothered with doing any speed tests. Not going to get anywhere near 10 if the modem isn't syncing above 6.
chandom

chandom

Tech has left, modem is syncing as expected.

In a nutshell, they moved the pair that was used to a new DSLAM that was closer.
Guess this is the DSLAM that would support 4 HD streams with PRISM.

Status page

DSL Status

Speed test: DSLR tested: 9.07 down 0.69 up 65ms

Atom90
join:2014-12-05

1 edit

Atom90 to chandom

to chandom
That is an amazing attenuation drop, meaning that the DSLAM you are on now is like right down the street from you. Wonder why this was not done earlier.
chandom
Tallahassee, FL

chandom

Based on road measurements, went from 2300 meter to 350 meters. Only hunch on not being moved sooner, never had any issues and the box is fairly new.