All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kylez
join:2009-03-26

kylez

T2200h Management IP Address Port 1 Bridge

I'm a little lost, when I bridged my V1000h I could still hit the management IP address with no problem. However, when I 'Port 1 Bridge' the T2200h it seems like 192.168.1.254 stops responding. The other usual suspect IP addresses don't seem to respond either. Any tips as to if it's still accessible?

Zac
Premium Member
join:2001-09-12
Calgary, AB

Zac

Premium Member

The T2200H is not accessible through the bridged port, You'll have to connect a computer to one of the other Ethernet ports to be able to log into the Telus modem.
accord1999
join:2011-10-14
Calgary, AB

accord1999 to kylez

to kylez
You can also use wi-fi with the T2200 to get to its management page, if you didn't disable it after bridging.
kylez

kylez

said by accord1999:

You can also use wi-fi

Yeah, but even without ssh it's just game over... Still a huge regression over NCS (or .48) with the v1000h. I unfortunately have the T1200h now.

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth to kylez

to kylez
Can't you just set a static IP on your computer? Used to do that with the Speedtouch when I used it(after bypassing my router). Unless the port1 bridge has some extra mumbo jumbo programmed to lock out that particular access way.
kylez

kylez

said by humanfilth:

Unless the port1 bridge has some extra mumbo jumbo programmed to lock out that particular access way.

I'm not sure where the lineage of this "Port1 Bridge" is from, there's no forwarding to br0 from eth0 on the new t1200h or t2200h's. Based on the SnR I'm getting between the two, these new T*200h's are absolutely terrible in comparison to the v1000h. Maybe they'll get better with time, but even the modem is absolute junk.

humanfilth
join:2013-02-14
river styx

humanfilth

said by kylez:

Based on the SnR I'm getting between the two,

Symtex mentioned in the past that the T-series report a slightly more accurate line conditions than the older models.

100% bridge is more preferred over the port1 bridge bandaid that is there to avoid conflicting with subscribers who also have Optik TV.
kylez

kylez

said by humanfilth:

Symtex mentioned in the past that the T-series report a slightly more accurate line conditions than the older models.

I certainly hope that's the case, but based on the performance I was seeing on the bonded modem, and then the single t1200h; it's been pretty terrible.

Muncher
join:2008-04-15

Muncher to kylez

to kylez
You can access it with remote management, but according to some tin foil hat people that can leave you open to an attack. Accessing the page via wifi is actually more dangerous. Or simply run an extra cat 5 line to your computer get a pci ethernet card and switch over to it when you need to access the Actiontec gateway.
kylez

kylez

said by Muncher:

You can access it with remote management

I couldn't seem to access the page using the admin login, 403. Any tips?

Muncher

Muncher

First I can assume that you already have the correct ip address of your actiontec gateway. Second you have turned the remote admin setting to active, and set user id and password. Have you rebooted the actiontec? Let me know if this helps.
kylez

kylez

said by Muncher:

First I can assume that you already have the correct ip address of your actiontec gateway. Second you have turned the remote admin setting to active, and set user id and password.

This does not exist on the consumer login for this device.

Muncher

Muncher

Shit... My bad. Your right. Sorry. I guess the only solution is to open the wireless or run a wire to it, or place a small server on one of the lan ports and vpn to it (not as crazy as it sounds).

RWiebe
join:2002-11-27
T8W 5K5

RWiebe to kylez

to kylez
I just move the cable from port 1 to another to access the modem control panel, then move it back when done. Works fine. T2200H.

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada
(Software) pfSense
MikroTik CRS125-24G-1S-RM
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-LR

jtl999 to Muncher

to Muncher
said by Muncher:

place a small server

Raspberry Pi powered by USB?
kylez

kylez

said by jtl999:

Raspberry Pi powered by USB?

Huge waste Media player or Modem access.

I think the minimum is 700ma anyways.

que_ball
join:2004-05-11
Edmonton, AB

que_ball to Muncher

to Muncher
My solution is that my router allows multiple WAN connections. So I setup the primary external interface on port 1 bridge, and a lower priority external interface with another cable to port 2 on the modem. Now if I want to hit up the modem stats page I can do it without changing cables. But it consumes an extra port on the router and actiontec which isn't a big deal.