spc
Search similar:

uniqs
albundyhere
join:2000-10-26
New York, NY

albundyhere

[Services] Are newsgroup services gone?

Usenet worked up to last weekend. Not sure if something happened. All I get is an invalid username and password when trying to logging in. Thought I'd ask before calling support.
tvsteve1
join:2015-03-06

tvsteve1

Went out here (Albany, NY) Wednesday. Opened chat next to useless. Usenet, what's that. After the third rep finally opened a trouble ticket. Said there's problems.
albundyhere
New York, NY

albundyhere

thanks for the heads up! much appreciated!

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude to albundyhere

Premium Member

to albundyhere
No problems for me. I did read someone had problems on it recently. Something about previous ISPs before EarthLink took over? Did you have an ISP before EarthLink took over it?
albundyhere
New York, NY

albundyhere

said by antdude:

No problems for me. I did read someone had problems on it recently. Something about previous ISPs before EarthLink took over? Did you have an ISP before EarthLink took over it?

nope. had Earthlink for as far as i can remember.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude

Premium Member

said by albundyhere:

said by antdude:

nope. had Earthlink for as far as i can remember.

Interesting. Still no issues here.
tvsteve1

tvsteve1 to albundyhere

to albundyhere
Still out here, Monday 11:00AM.

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds to albundyhere

Premium Member

to albundyhere
Any recent password changes on the main email account? That can allegedly trigger a Usenet shutdown.
tvsteve1

tvsteve1 to albundyhere

to albundyhere
Usenet is back up as of yesterday, Wednesday at 12:30PM after being down for a entire week. I guess it's hard to commute to work from the orient.
albundyhere
New York, NY

1 recommendation

albundyhere to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
so i ran a chat session:

"Unfortunately, you have been identified as a customer who continually surpasses the bandwidth limitation of 35GBs for News Groups.

You have been banned from News Group access with EarthLink.

You may wish to seek a third party subscription with other UseNet News providers like GigaNews."

time to switch to RCN. no point in staying with this company anymore. thanks Earthlink, for making it easier to switch.
tvsteve1

1 recommendation

tvsteve1

That's BS. First El gives nothing to check usage and you can't "surpasses the bandwidth limitation of 35GBs " because you get cut off with a friendly server error of "you have exceeded your monthly limit". I would take your complaint to the corporate office.

antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
US

antdude to albundyhere

Premium Member

to albundyhere
said by albundyhere:

so i ran a chat session:

"Unfortunately, you have been identified as a customer who continually surpasses the bandwidth limitation of 35GBs for News Groups.

You have been banned from News Group access with EarthLink.

You may wish to seek a third party subscription with other UseNet News providers like GigaNews."

time to switch to RCN. no point in staying with this company anymore. thanks Earthlink, for making it easier to switch.

Wow, EarthLink never sent you warnings like e-mails or anything? I know they used to say you're getting to close to the limits or maxxed out the limits.

fritz43
Premium Member
join:2004-03-14

fritz43 to albundyhere

Premium Member

to albundyhere
You might want to take a look at Blocknews. They are unique in that you can buy 'blocks' of Gigs ahead of time, then use them whenever you want. I think I paid $21 for 200 Gb. They are excellent and comprehensive. [Disclaimer: I am a satisfied customer ONLY.]

»www.blocknews.net/