spc
uniqs
tr0910
join:2006-01-03
Kansas City, KS

1 edit

tr0910

[Anveo] Anveo - support??

I have had Anveo on a non-strategic basis for at least 1 year. Now just when I go to put them into a real test, they totally fail. To be fair, this is with a free account, and only one line, but still, they used to be much better....

Here is the issue. PAP-2T with one line. Call out or call in will ring the phone, but at most you only hear the first second of voice before the line goes dead. No further voice is heard on the line. The techs seem to be focused on brain dead things like your sip device is not connected (I can make a call, and the phone will ring when it is called)

How do I wake them up and get real support?
anveo
Premium Member
join:2010-02-08

1 edit

4 recommendations

anveo

Premium Member

Re: [Anveo] Anveo - Brain dead drones on support??

I am sorry to hear about the trouble. We show SIP STATUS of a SIP device on the dashboard and if support sees that your device is Offline then it is not connected to Anveo at the moment. Based on the description provided you have some sort of networking issue which is not letting your ATA to communicate properly with Anveo. To rule out ATA fault I suggest to disconnect ATA device and then install and configure a softphone like PhonerLite and then try to reproduce the issue.

However, please note that Anveo is BYOD (bring your own device) provider and thus we are unable to troubleshoot third party equipment and network configurations and can only provide some common configurations for popular devices and make general suggestions regarding Internet Router issues/SIP ALG, Firewall/NAT/Port Forwarding etc.

BTW we have sample configuration for PAP2T available at »www.anveo.com/faq.asp?co ··· s-pap-2t which was provided by DSLR member Davesnothere.

Maybe someone here at DSLR has more experience with your device and can share a few more ideas...

EDIT: Here is original PAP2T configuration thread »Anveo 2012 Config with DNS SRV
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

1 edit

7 recommendations

PX Eliezer1 to tr0910

Premium Member

to tr0910

Re: [Anveo] Anveo -

said by tr0910:

How do I wake them up and get real support?

1) Not using phrases such as "Brain dead drones" for starters.

2) BYOD providers such as Anveo, Voip.MS, FlowRoute, FutureNine, CallCentric, etc., aren't really obligated to support customer-owned hardware. That they may try to help is a courtesy, especially on a free account.

3) Have you tried using the phone on a different ATA and/or at someone else's house?

4) Have you tried using a different ATA if available?

5a) Have you tried using the same ATA with a different provider on the 2nd line of the PAP2T? For example you could set up a free "IP Freedom" account at CallCentric, for diagnostic porpoises.
»www.callcentric.com/rate ··· freedom/
»www.callcentric.com/supp ··· sys/pap2

5b) After setting up the account, you can test outbound by calling 411 or 17770000001.

You can test inbound by using your cellphone to call the Detroit Sipbroker access number 313-355-5705 and when connected to it dial *462 followed by the CallCentric account number 1777xxxxxxx, in other words *4621777xxxxxxx

6) Has the setup worked in the past? Have there been any router or other changes?

7) As a general comment, some of the remaining PAP2T may be failing of old age.
anveo
Premium Member

anveo

Premium Member

It is a very good suggestion to try to connect a different Analog Phone to ATA.

Also, I've heard about flood of counterfeit PAP2Ts and there were some tools to check if the device is original or not...
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910 to anveo

to anveo
The sip status for that line was on-line but I couldn't convince the techs. As second line in the account was off-line, but it wasn't the one we were having problems with. We created a separate account and moved the number but the problem is still there. I have it set up per Daves configuration.
tr0910

tr0910 to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

1) Not using phrases such as "Brain dead drones" for starters.

Yes, that was unfair.....

The complete setup was working fine in the past. Final suggestion was Sip ALG, but the DD-Wrt router firmware I've used for years with voip doesn't appear to have that issue.

I will try your suggestions, thanks
tr0910

tr0910 to anveo

to anveo
said by anveo:

I've used this ATA before on this anveo line without issue.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

2 recommendations

Mango to tr0910

Premium Member

to tr0910
I suggest you try to be a little more understanding towards the techs at Anveo. Your problem is a little unusual and I'm not surprised they did not have an easy fix for it.

I'm curious if when the issue happens the other party can hear you (one-way audio), nobody can hear anything but the call remains connected, or if the call drops completely.

In addition to anveo's and PX's suggestions, I have some basic troubleshooting you may want to try, if you have not already:

0) Be sure your modem is in bridge mode and your router receives a public IP address.
1) Try to change your SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535.
2) Try to set SIP T1 to 1. The default is 0.5.
3) Try to forward the UDP port range 16384-16482 to your ATA's static IP address.
4) Set all of the following to Yes: Handle VIA Received, Handle VIA rport, Substitute VIA Addr.
5) To eliminate the possibility of a specific geographic area being the problem, please try to make a test call to 1-604-299-9000. It's answered by a recorded message, so you won't bother anyone.

Theoretically these should not be required but I would like to cover all bases.

If 3) and 4) do not solve the problem, please change them back.

Good luck,
m.

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky to tr0910

Premium Member

to tr0910
said by tr0910:

Here is the issue. PAP-2T with one line. Call out or call in will ring the phone, but at most you only hear the first second of voice before the line goes dead. No further voice is heard on the line.

Strange... Is it exactly one second into the call, or does the amount of time vary a bit?

Doesn't sound like a NAT or firewall problem with the RTP, because you did get that first second or so of audio. Could be an issue with the signalling though...

My gut suspicion is that for some reason, the ACK that is sent in response to the 200 OK, is being dropped somewhere, causing the answering side to believe that the other side dropped the call, and as a result drop the call itself.

The other very likely cause would be a problem with the ATA itself. As PX Eliezer1 See Profile suggested, the PAP2T could be failing from old age, or as anveo See Profile pointed out, it could even be counterfeit.
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910 to anveo

to anveo
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by anveo:

flood of counterfeit PAP2Ts

I purchased 2 PAP-2T in a 2 pack for a very good price last year ($60 for 2). I wonder.....

Here are some pictures of the 2nd one...
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

You can check MAC addresses here.
»www.coffer.com/mac_find/
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

Does this prove anything??

Search results for "002369b04955" (Total: 2)
Prefix Vendor
002369 Cisco-Linksys, LLC
002369 Cisco-Linksys, LLC
anveo
Premium Member

4 recommendations

anveo

Premium Member

It looks like you've got a fake one.

»voipfan.net/other/fakepap2.php

Please take a look at paragraph "3. Appearance of the back labels" + missing (R) and yours looks almost identical to the example of a fake PAP2T
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

1 edit

tr0910

Yep it does. New ATA to be tested today.... If ATA failure, not Anveo's issue.....

Hmmm full MAC address not found.....
==========================
»standards.ieee.org/cgi-b ··· 69b04955
Sorry!

The public MA-L listing contains no match for the query 002369b04955
Please back up to the search page and try again.
79176722 (banned)
VoIP.ms, Magento, and lotsa open tabs
join:2015-02-19
Miami, FL

79176722 (banned)

Now that's what I'm talking about, people! Anveo spends a tiny incy wincy more effort to prove to the customer the problem is (very likely at this point) on his end, then works to resolve the issue. Unlike what I've seen from that other VoIP company we were talking about a few days ago.
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

It looks like its not so simple. The ATA was replaced with another that has been working for several years. And a different telephone, and the same issue remains......

arpawocky
Premium Member
join:2014-04-13
Columbus, OH

arpawocky

Premium Member

said by tr0910:

It looks like its not so simple. The ATA was replaced with another that has been working for several years. And a different telephone, and the same issue remains......

Just a hunch... are you on AT&T Uverse perhaps?

Also, are you able to try using a softphone, while running a packet capture on the same computer as the softphone?

Is the delay between answer and call dropping exactly one second, or is that an approximation?
hardly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-10
USA

2 recommendations

hardly to tr0910

Premium Member

to tr0910

Re: [Anveo] Anveo - Brain dead user??

Have you yet considered changing the thread subject?
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

Done, but we still don't have it working yet...
tr0910

tr0910 to arpawocky

to arpawocky

Not AT&T

Softphone Phonerlite partially successful but no packet capture tried yet. 1/3 inbound worked, but nothing outbound yet.

Very much an approximation. Most of the time there is nothing at all.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to tr0910

Premium Member

to tr0910

said by tr0910:

Done, but we still don't have it working yet...

Again, consider (5a) and (5b) from my post above, to be done on Line 2 of your ATA.
»Re: [Anveo] Anveo -

Should not take more than a few minutes.
anveo
Premium Member

anveo to tr0910

Premium Member

to tr0910

said by tr0910:

Softphone Phonerlite partially successful but no packet capture tried yet. 1/3 inbound worked, but nothing outbound yet.

Thanks for PPM your account details. I do have 2 observations for you
1. Incoming Calls
You are connecting both ATA and Softphone to the same account at the same time and they are competing with each other.
You MUST disconnect your ATA and only then connect softphone.

2. OUTGOING Calls.
Call History shows that you are not dialing country code - you need to either include country code or change dialing format from »www.anveo.com/accountPre ··· nces.sip
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

Weird that the ata was still showing online. It had been unplugged for 30 seconds. Just send you another one dialed correctly this time.
tr0910

tr0910 to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1

The second ATA passes both 5a and 5b tests, but fails using the Anveo line.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by tr0910:

The second ATA passes both 5a and 5b tests, but fails using the Anveo line.

That at least suggests a provider-side issue of some sort, configuration or other.
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

Yes, and I don't know what Anveo did, but just now it started working correctly, even with the fake PAP-2T we identified. Clearly was something on their end that got fixed.

What I really want to know is why the earlier maligned Anveo techs couldn't fix it??
tr0910

tr0910

We had a short period of a few hours where it worked, but now its dead again......
grand total
join:2005-10-26
Mississauga
·Fido
MikroTik RB750Gr3
MikroTik wAP AC
Panasonic KX-TGP500

grand total to tr0910

to tr0910
said by tr0910:

Yes, and I don't know what Anveo did, but just now it started working correctly, even with the fake PAP-2T we identified.

The fake adapter is fit only for the trash. Surely you don't expect any help from either Anveo or members of this forum while you still persist with using the fake device?
tr0910
Kansas City, KS

tr0910

I understand your concern, but both are behaving the same at present. I know the lifespan of the fake is likely to be very short. But its behaving now just fine.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by tr0910:

We had a short period of a few hours where it worked, but now its dead again......

said by tr0910:

I understand your concern, but both are behaving the same at present. I know the lifespan of the fake is likely to be very short. But its behaving now just fine.

I am confused, are things working or not?