spc
Search similar:

uniqs
slider16988
join:2002-07-11
San Mateo, CA

slider16988

Speed capped down after outage

Does anyone notice that the fusion speed capped down to 2mbps after the outage? I used to get about 4mbps before, since the outage I can only get about 2.3mbps the highest.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 1510 kbps (188.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 392 kbps (49 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 36 ms
Jitter: 58 ms
3/30/2015, 8:07:21 AM

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold

MVM

You don't mention what kind of outage you had. If a repair was made that caused your connection to be on a different pair of wires to the CO it could effect the performance (both ways).

If you have bonded Fusion (two lines) you may want to check whether both of them came back online or whether you lost one line (half the speed).

If it was just a power loss or some other interruption in service and everything is still connected in the same way as before then you can try power cycling the DSL modem (unplug the AC adapter, wait 1 minute and plug it back in). This forces the modem and DSLAM to negotiate settings based on current line conditions.

If the speed is capped at the DSLAM then you need to contact Sonic (dial 611 from the Fusion phone line) and ask that they please test your line capabilities and if possible increase the cap at the DSLAM. Sonic DSLAM will automatically set a lower cap if there are too many errors at the previously negotiated line speed.
slider16988
join:2002-07-11
San Mateo, CA

slider16988

Rerun the speed test again this morning. My speed went back up to 3mbps now. I never do anything in my house nor contact the support service.

Last Result:
Download Speed: 3151 kbps (393.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 839 kbps (104.9 KB/sec transfer rate)
Latency: 29 ms
Jitter: 2 ms
4/4/2015, 11:43:20 AM

DaneJasper
Sonic.Net
Premium Member
join:2001-08-20
Santa Rosa, CA

DaneJasper to slider16988

Premium Member

to slider16988
The platform "optimizes" connections for stability, so if you had a wiring issue for example, it could reduce your speed to achieve stability. If that issue was then resolved, it SHOULD automatically increase speed, but this can take a week or so. Or, you can ring support and ask them to kick off a "PO" (performance optimization) restart manually.